"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Full Time Job For EFL Teacher in Thailand
Date posted:2014-04-07 | Writer: Mathus Language Academy | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathus Language Academy are looking for two qualified EFL teachers to start May for one year contracts. These positions will involve teaching children in formal school settings and fun camps. Experience with children is required. We are an English language school situated in the south of Thailand. Our location in Suratthani is ideal for weekend visits to many beautiful islands and beaches. We are also very close to several beautiful National Parks. While Suratthani is convenient to many tourist attractions, the city itself can provide you with an authentic Thai experience.
At Mathus we teach all levels and ages, but mostly Kindergarten, Elementary School and High School students, with the very occasional adult and company classes. Experience with, and enthusiasm about teaching children is a must! We have an enthusiastic, energetic team of 8 teachers and we are looking for qualified native level English speakers to join our team.
At Mathus we pride ourselves on providing a family type environment and we try to do everything to ensure that our teachers have an incredibly rewarding experience.
These positions include different class sizes, levels and ages of students. Teachers should be prepared and willing to teach all ages.
Our contracts are for a minimum of one year plus a two-week training program.
• Salary of 24,500 Baht per month
• Upon completion of a one-year contract, teachers will receive a Completion Bonus of 10,000 Baht and will be eligible for a 14,500 Baht Performance Bonus
• Work permit and necessary visas will be arranged by Mathus
• Free shared accommodation or a housing allowance of 2,500 Baht per month
• 5 day work week with 2 consecutive days off
• No more than 22 teaching hours per week
• 24 paid vacation days (scheduled by the school, usually following our summer camps in October and April)
• Comprehensive training including observations of other teachers
• Free wireless Internet during school’s hours of operation
• Competitive raises and potential for promotions after the first year
• NOTE: Mathus does not provide airfare for teachers. The bonus system is set up to assist with travel arrangements at the end of the contract.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required to obtain a work permit (original degree, transcripts and a letter of verification are required at the work permit office)
2. Applicant must be a native level speaker of English.
3. Applicant must be enthusiastic about children and have experience working with them
4. TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certification is preferred.
Email applications to the address given on the job heading, stating your interest and qualifications and we will send you an application email. Please be specific about your qualifications.