"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Home / TEFL Certification
Gaining a tefl certification is your first step towards an exciting and rewarding experience teaching English overseas. The major qualifications necessary to secure positions Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), also known as Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) are an internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL Certificate.
Typically, employers looking for EFL teachers will require applicants to have completed an internationally accredited TEFL certificate course that fulfils the following criteria: an in-class course of a least 120 hours duration that also includes a minimum of six hours of teaching practice; a combined in-class and online course of 120 hours duration that includes at least six hours of teaching practice; or an online tefl course of at least 100 hours duration that covers all aspects of classroom management, teaching skills and language awareness.
At International TEFL and TESOL Training we aim to meet and exceed the standards that are expected by employers and TEFL organizations worldwide. Therefore, if you plan to teach English overseas, or within your home country, it will be a great advantage to your English language students and your own employment prospects if you gain appropriate training from an organization such as ITTT.
TEFL Certification Course ChecklistExpand
When choosing a training course, an internationally recognized TEFL course provider should be able to demonstrate the following:
- That all courses meet international standards for the regulation of acceptable English language teaching certification.
- That they can provide online courses that include at least 100 hours of training and input.
- That they provide in-class courses that have a minimum of 6 hours of trainer observed and critiqued teaching practice with genuine students of English.
- That training materials cover teaching skills, classroom management, language awareness (grammar), phonology and how to apply, prepare and teach these skills effectively.
- That all in-class trainers and online tutors are experienced and qualified professionals.
- That every course is moderated and inspected by an independent teaching body or professional.
- That materials and training are regularly updated to reflect developments in language teaching.
- That they provide a high quality certificate at the end of the course that is valued and internationally recognized?
The fact is that ITTT is one of the few course providers that can comfortably meet all of the above criteria.