"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Turkey - Ankara (2)
Date posted:2006-05-23 | Writer: The Turco-British Association | Email: email@example.com
The Turco-British Association (TBA), founded in 1951 as a non-profit making and non-profit sharing cultural centre with the aim of strengthening and promoting existing cultural ties and friendship between Turkey and the United Kingdom, is seeking suitably qualified native-speaker EFL teachers.
Located in its own attractive 10-storey premises in central Ankara with an average number of 850 mostly adult students and approximately 30 teachers at any given time, the TBA is one of the largest foreign language teaching institutions in Turkey and since February 2005 has been a University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations sub-centre.
The TBA's General English programme covers all levels, in classes averaging
12-14 students, with particular emphasis placed on advanced levels.
In addition, in order to cater for the differing needs of students, the TBA offers focused courses in areas such as Business English and the following Exam Preparation courses; BECs, FCE CAE, CPE, IELTS, TOEIC and TOEFL.
* Monthly net salary on a rising scale from $ 850 to $1100, depending on
qualifications and years of experience
* Fully-furnished accommodation -shared-, paid utilities i.e. gas, water,
electricity; close proximity to school, approximately a 5-minute walk
* Assistance with travel costs at the beginning and end of a 2-year contract
* Four weeks' paid annual leave + Christmas holiday + national Turkish
* Settling-in bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Turkish National Social Security coverage
* Residence and work permit procedures undertaken and costs met
* Commitment to professional development
Contracts are for 108 contact hours per termÂ - one contact hour is 45 min.-
One academic year consists of 12 four weekly terms.
* Applicants must have a degree and an EFL qualification
* Strong interest in professional development and maintaining the high
standards of a distinguished institution
* Experience desirable but not essential
Please send a full CV (with personal details, educational background, qualifications, previous experience, reference details and a passport-sized photo) together with photocopies of your degrees, diplomas and your passport.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL CONTACT ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS WHO WE FEEL MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.