"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Gunma, Japan
Date posted:2002-10-24 | Writer: Gunma Language Center & Language Academy. | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: EFL instructors
Starting date: Feb. 1st, 2003 (One position)
Contract: One year:
-Contracts may be extended for another year at Gunma Language Center's
1) Teaching average 25 hours / week
Total 100 hours / month
Monday through Saturday
2) Teaching time: Mostly afternoons: 2:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Some morning instruction may be required.
Wages and Benefits:
1) We will provide sponsorship for work visa.
2) Standard base salary: 250, 000 yen per month (BA &TESL Certificate
Required) if you have an MA TESL or five year teaching experience
additional 20, 000 Yen per month.
3) After a year contract has been completed you will receive:
A travel fee of 120, 000 yen + a housing subsidy of 240, 000 yen
1) GLC provides the apartment: Rents are 55, 000 yen or 65, 000 yen per
month depending on the size of the apartment.
2) No key money or deposit is required.
3) Each apartment is equipped with the following: TV set, gas range, air
conditioner, heater, rice cooker, washing machine and telephone
1) A car is provided for work, as instructors must drive to company
2) Instructors may have their work cars for private use if they pay a set
fee for mileage and an additional 3, 000-yen per month for insurance.
All instructors will have the following holidays:
-Winter holiday: Two weeks
-Summer Holiday: One week
-Golden Week (April 29-May 5)
1) Teaching EFL at Gunma Language Center, Maebashi Language Academy,
Shibukawa Language Academy and other locations such as corporations or
2) Teaching kindergarten children, elementary school children, junior high
& high school students and adults.
3) Developing course materials for adults, and finding suitable textbooks
matching the students' needs.
4) Attending Gunma Language Center's required meetings.
5) Making occasional presentations at meetings.
6) Helping children develop their presentations for ï¿½gEnglish Recital' and
helping them with and during the performance.
7) Participating in one of the committees in Gunma Language Center &
If you are interested in a position, please send your resume with your cover
letter and photo by fax or e-mail by Nov. 17th, 2002.
Applicants whose qualification and experience are appropriate for Gunma
Language Center & Language Academy will be informed of the date and place
Gunma Language Center & Language Academy
840, Munadaka, Gunma 370-3521, Japan
Please visit our site: Contact us