"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English in Vietnam
Date posted:2016-05-17 | Writer: Gia Viet English Language Centre | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gia Viet English Language Centre is one of the most prestigious English schools based in Can Tho City, The Mekong Delta, Vietnam. We are currently recruiting for full-time native level EFL teachers who are available to start at the beginning of August. The school provides English courses to a range of learners including kids, teenagers, university students, and working people with a strong focus on the International Certificate Programs and academic English.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaching (delivering English Language teaching in accordance with curriculum, policies, procedures): including all programs: Kids, teenagers, general English, Communication, IELTS, Academic English, Flexi-time program (tutoring mode to individual students)
• Program and material development (preparing course work materials, tests, examination papers, homework assignments, and handouts, writing new materials including audio and visual resources)
• Placement test development and administration
• Evaluating students' class work and other assignments
• Planning and teaching Professional Development Programs for Vietnamese teachers of English at the school.
• Planning and participating in social and English promotion program organized by the school.
• Native level speakers of English (American, English and Australian are preferred)
• Having at least one university degree (regardless of majors/ disciplines)
• Professional teaching degrees/ certificates (TESOL, TEFL/ CELTA) of English Language: Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in TESOL/TEFL/ELT in English is preferred
• Clear voice with good English communication skills (easy for listeners to follow and understand)
• Experience of teaching English for children/ adults at least 1 year: inexperienced teachers are welcome but will be evaluated on the basis of interviews; experience in teaching IELTS and kids is priority.
• Commitment to professional development and activities in the school: long-term commitment is preferred
• Flexible, sensitive and good at adapting to new culture and the teacher’s role in Vietnam
• Friendly, enthusiastic, good sense of responsibility, caring and with a sense of humour
• Excellent team working and collaborative skills
• Good health
The following general conditions apply to full-time native level teachers.
- Working hours: 30-32 hours/ week (including 22-24 class teaching hours + 8 hours of office work/ tutoring)
- Working days: 6 days/ week (one full day off/ week but not necessarily weekend)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
+ 1.000 – 1.200 USD/ month (before tax)
+ Transportation provided (bicycle or motorcycles)
+ Accommodation: negotiable
+ Visa and other legal procedures costs: shared by the teacher and the school (Gia Viet supports with all the paper work and legal procedures)
+ Pick up from airport service, orientation and other necessary trainings before teaching
+ On-going training and supports for conferences and workshops participation
+ Teaching materials (textbooks) are provided with syllabus
+ Cultural tours around the areas are organized
• A letter of personal interest
• A copy of CV/resume
• Copies of related degrees/certificates
• Proof of teaching experience (if available)
• Other testimonials and/or credentials related
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to submit his/her required documents via email to the address given on the job heading. Follow-up interviews will be arranged accordingly and announced by email within 1 week of application.