Date posted:2016-05-17 | Writer: Gia Viet English Language Centre | Email: [email protected]
Gia Viet English Language Centre is one of the most prestigious English schools based in Can Tho City, The Mekong Delta, Vietnam. We are currently recruiting for full-time native level EFL teachers who are available to start at the beginning of August. The school provides English courses to a range of learners including kids, teenagers, university students, and working people with a strong focus on the International Certificate Programs and academic English.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaching (delivering English Language teaching in accordance with curriculum, policies, procedures): including all programs: Kids, teenagers, general English, Communication, IELTS, Academic English, Flexi-time program (tutoring mode to individual students)
• Program and material development (preparing course work materials, tests, examination papers, homework assignments, and handouts, writing new materials including audio and visual resources)
• Placement test development and administration
• Evaluating students' class work and other assignments
• Planning and teaching Professional Development Programs for Vietnamese teachers of English at the school.
• Planning and participating in social and English promotion program organized by the school.
• Native level speakers of English (American, English and Australian are preferred)
• Having at least one university degree (regardless of majors/ disciplines)
• Professional teaching degrees/ certificates (TESOL, TEFL/ CELTA) of English Language: Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in TESOL/TEFL/ELT in English is preferred
• Clear voice with good English communication skills (easy for listeners to follow and understand)
• Experience of teaching English for children/ adults at least 1 year: inexperienced teachers are welcome but will be evaluated on the basis of interviews; experience in teaching IELTS and kids is priority.
• Commitment to professional development and activities in the school: long-term commitment is preferred
• Flexible, sensitive and good at adapting to new culture and the teacher’s role in Vietnam
• Friendly, enthusiastic, good sense of responsibility, caring and with a sense of humour
• Excellent team working and collaborative skills
• Good health
The following general conditions apply to full-time native level teachers.
- Working hours: 30-32 hours/ week (including 22-24 class teaching hours + 8 hours of office work/ tutoring)
- Working days: 6 days/ week (one full day off/ week but not necessarily weekend)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
+ 1.000 – 1.200 USD/ month (before tax)
+ Transportation provided (bicycle or motorcycles)
+ Accommodation: negotiable
+ Visa and other legal procedures costs: shared by the teacher and the school (Gia Viet supports with all the paper work and legal procedures)
+ Pick up from airport service, orientation and other necessary trainings before teaching
+ On-going training and supports for conferences and workshops participation
+ Teaching materials (textbooks) are provided with syllabus
+ Cultural tours around the areas are organized
• A letter of personal interest
• A copy of CV/resume
• Copies of related degrees/certificates
• Proof of teaching experience (if available)
• Other testimonials and/or credentials related
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to submit his/her required documents via email to the address given on the job heading. Follow-up interviews will be arranged accordingly and announced by email within 1 week of application.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.