"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Opportunity to Teach English in Vietnam
Date posted:2008-08-04 | Writer: RMIT Vietnam | Email: email@example.com
RMIT Vietnam is the Asian hub of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (established in 1887) with more than 3800 students studying in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. The English program is well structured to support quality EFL teaching and rigorously assessed to provide direct entry to undergraduate programs.RMIT Vietnam is seeking TEFL qualified and experienced English language instructors to fill vacancies for terms commencing August – November 2008 and beyond. Positions are available in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.The RMIT English ProgramRMIT Vietnam English courses range from pre intermediate to advanced levels with the key focus being ‘English for Academic Purposes’. For all courses there is an RMIT English Worldwide student study pack, and accompanying teacher reference material to assist with lesson preparation. Multimedia resources enrich core texts at each level of the program.All instructors contracted to teach on the English Program at RMIT are supported by a team of course coordinators who provide academic guidance and practical assistance. The English Program also offers ongoing professional development in the form of workshops and in service trainingMinimum qualifications and experience required:• Bachelor degree
• CELTA or equivalent internationally recognised TESOL, TEFL or ELT qualification
• Relevant experience of teaching young adults on a general English or Academic English program
• Native speaker of EnglishEmployment conditionsThe English program is delivered in a full time mode across the week with 4 hours classroom tuition daily. The duration for each course is 200 hours or 10 weeks. New terms are scheduled every 6 weeks. Teaching staff have a full time teaching load of 20 hours classroom teaching per week.RMIT Vietnam offers a competitive remuneration package. Teachers recruited internationally are offered a 12 month contract with an initial 3 month probationary period. The contract includes paid annual and sick leave and a medical insurance plan. Application procedureApplication package must include:
• current CV detailing relevant experience, previous English teaching and academic qualifications.
• names and current contact details of referees (including current or most recent employer/s) to be contacted to provide supporting references
• copies of degree/s and English teaching qualification
• copy of passport photo page should be attached.In a covering letter provide any additional information to support your application including your availability to commence employment with RMIT Vietnam should you be successful in your application. Submit the application package to the e-mail address given on the job heading page. All foreign employees are required by Vietnamese laws to obtain a Work Permit. RMIT Vietnam will assist employees to obtain the permit however you will be required to obtain a Criminal Clearance from your own country and authentication of your academic qualifications. Additional information will be provided to successful applicants.