"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Job in Ayudhaya, Thailand
Date posted:2010-06-02 | Writer: Language Services | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language Services in Ayutthaya is opening for interviews to recruit TEFL qualified native English speaking applicants to fill positions at a primary school in a quiet district of Nakhonsawan. We offer a contract through to February next year teaching 18 hours per week. Benefits include a competitive salary, free lunches and assistance finding accomodation. We also have volunteer positions in Ayutthaya for native English speakers to gain teaching and cultural experiences as volunteer teachers. These positions include benefits such as free accommodation and flexible working hours.
Type 1:Full-time Positions (For experienced and qualified applicants)
Two positions are available at a primary school in a quiet district of Nakhonsawan
- English native speaker with at least a Bachelor’s degree, TEFL certificate and some experiences teaching children
- Teaching primary school students aged 6-12, 18 hours/week (The teacher works Mondays-Fridays, 8:00-16:00 hrs.)
- Salary: 30,000 baht per month (depending on experiences)
- Lunch is provided by the school.
- Working visa (Non-immigrant B visa) and work permit are facilitated.
- Accommodation is assisted to find by LS staff in a walking distance to the school.
- Starting date: June 7, 2010 Finishing date: February 28, 2011 (with possibility of extension, depending upon your performance)
- During the school break on October 1-31, there will be no classes, so no payment will be made. You can go for your holiday. However, LS will help pay 3,000 baht for your accommodation.
Type 2: Volunteer Positions (For those who want to gain teaching and cultural experiences)
Language Services in Ayutthaya is now offering opportunities for native English speakers to gain teaching and cultural experiences as volunteer teachers.
Position: Volunteer English Teachers
No. of positions available: 2 (from June 2010 onwards)
Location: Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand, ~ an hour north of Bangkok
- You will work and coordinate with our friendly Thai staff, help them with proofreading, and writing English documents.
- A few hours per week, you will also teach English conversation to our Thai staff.
- Occasionally, you will act as a substitute teacher for our current teachers who are teaching at different schools in different locations.
- Apart from mentioning above, on some weekends, you will get a chance to participate in our English camp projects conducted in different locations in Thailand. The English camps will give you opportunities to explore and see more of the real Thailand.
-Your working hours are flexible, but basically you should be in the office from 11:00-16:00 on Mondays-Thursdays, and 9:00-12:00 on Fridays.
What will be provided for our volunteers?
- Invaluable life experiences e.g. teaching English, tasting delicious Thai foods, and living in a new culture with supportive Thai staff.
- Free accommodation located in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya World Heritage City, very convenient to travel to other cities- by bus, mini-van, car, train, or even boat. It is a furnished room in an apartment with air-conditioner, a fridge, TV, hot shower. It is located in a walking distance to our office. You can just move in with your bag.
- A stipend of 1000 baht/week.+ free lunches on weekdays
- A bicycle
- When performing as a substitute teacher or joining our English camp projects, transportation, accommodation, and a stipend of 500 baht per day will be provided.
- Free wireless internet access at our office.
- A free one year membership to use a swimming pool and fitness facilities at the Ayutthaya Grand Hotel, a few minutes walk from our office.
- A 10-day Christmas and New Year break during December 24-January 3 and a 10 day break during Songkran Festival on April 8-17.
- The position covers a one- year contract. At the end of the contract, if preferred, opportunities to teach English full-time in Thai schools will be recommended.
- A Non-immigrant B visa is facilitated by our partner school, Anuban Wat Angthong school.
Who can apply?
- At least BA degree in any field or without degrees but with enthusiasm to learn.
- There is no age limit for the position, anyone with high spirit and good health is welcome to apply, but you have to speak English as your native tongue with eagerness to gain teaching and local cultural experiences.
Interested person, please send your resume, a photo, and references to the e-mail address given on the job heading.
54/20 Rojana Road, Moo 1
Tumbon Thanoo, Uthai
Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Thailand 13000
Fax : 035-336781