EFL Teachers Needed in Thailand
Date posted:2013-10-03 | Writer: Assumption College Rama II | Email: email@example.com
The Assumption College Rama II – Bell partnership is recruiting for TEFL qualified teachers to join their team in Samut Sakhon, Central Thailand, for the beginning of November. Teachers will work directly for Assumption under the supervision and guidance of Bell English in providing language support to the students, teachers and parents of the school.
Assumption College Rama II English Program is the newest of the Assumption schools, having opened in 2012. Successful applicants will work for Assumption College Rama II’s language support programme, under the management of Bell English, one of the leading international providers of language teaching and teacher training. The Assumption Rama II campus is a brand new facility, expanding from its’ initial 250 students in 2012 to over 800 students in 2014. Bell teachers work with primary and secondary students and focus solely on language teaching which may include general English lessons, Cambridge Young Leaner Exam Preparation or project based lessons.
Teachers will have the opportunity to teach either primary or secondary level students at the school as well as adult learners. All classes take place on site and allow teachers with a background in ESL teaching to experience working in a school environment, with a strong focus on professional development and the continuing expansion of the Bell Assumption College Rama II partnership. All teachers teach for approximately 18 hours per week. Class sizes are 21-22 students for Year 1 and 25 students for Years 2-12. Please provide a cover letter with your application stating which age group you are most comfortable working with (primary or secondary).
We are looking for teachers who have a passion for teaching and are looking to take the next step in their careers either in higher ESL qualifications, or making the transition from language centre EFL to working in a school as a subject teacher. Candidates must demonstrate that they will add value to our teaching team in terms of rapport with staff, professionalism, commitment to providing quality lessons to our students, and a desire to improve as a teacher. We are looking for positive people who can help us as we continue to grow and who can commit to at least a year of teaching in a school in Thailand.
Candidates must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree level qualified
- TEFL/ TESOL/ CELTA qualification (or equivalent)
- Ideally experience of teaching young learners
Assumption College English Program has high expectations of its teachers and therefore offers teachers a competitive salary package.We can offer you:
- A salary between 48,000 – 66,000 baht depending on qualifications and experience
- One-year (12 month) renewable contract with work permit
- Transport to and from Bangkok (Krung Thonburi BTS) to the school
- 1 single economy airfare for staff recruited outside of Thailand
- end of first year bonus equal to 50% of one month’s salary and 100% of one month’s salary after two years
- 8 weeks paid holiday per year, plus public holidays
- full BUPA health and medical insurance cover
- visa and work permit
- annual salary increment
- accommodation on arrival
- assistance in finding suitable accommodation
- a strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development
Assumption College English Program always accepts applications from teachers who are interested in working at the new school.
If you would like further details, please send the following documents to the email address given on the job heading:
- a cover letter
- your CV
- a recent photograph and/or a scan of the photo page of your passport.
An extensive Information Package will then be sent to suitably qualified applicants during our recruitment periods.