"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Job in Spain (5)
Date posted:2015-03-09 | Writer: Meddeas | Email: email@example.com
Meddeas (Multilingual Education Development and Support), is recruiting young talents for once in a lifetime experience teaching English as a language assistant in Spain. This is an ideal opportunity for newly qualified TEFL graduates.
Becoming an English Language Assistant in a Spanish school for one year is a unique experience that will stay with you for your entire life. As well as learning Spanish, improving your language skills, exploring a community and living a multicultural experience, you'll build your sense of independence and gain the satisfaction of firing young imaginations.
And you will return with skills and experiences that will make any recruiter sit up and take note!
Meddeas (Multilingual Education Development and Support) is a Spanish organization with presence in four countries that supports multilingual teaching in educational centres. It provides consultancy services, selects native teachers, delivers teachers´ refresher courses, promotes school to school international exchanges and manages language assistant programs.
Selected candidates will:
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as language assistants with 20 teaching hours per week, starting in September/October 2015 - until June 2016, with the same holidays as the school.
• Receive a 20 ECTS Expert in Bilingual Education course, given online in English by a Spanish university, or a 6 ECTS TEFL or CLIL course –depending on the program.
• Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
• Receive a monthly remuneration, more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
• Have support from the school´s designated Tutor and from Meddeas, helping the language assistant in his/her task.
What does a language assistant do?
• Deliver conversational English lessons during the requested weekly hours.
• Encourage oral practice in English.
• Explain the culture of your own country.
• Help in other subjects apart from English such as science, art, sport.
• Act as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar.
• Collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
• Unbeatable grant program conditions.
• Professional teaching experience and valuable course for you CV.
• Positions available with different children age ranges.
• Multicultural experience and the chance to learn a new language.
• Pre-selected candidates will attend a personal interview (UK or USA).
• Be a native level English speaker.
• Be a EU or US ‘citizen.
• Completed secondary education to A-level or equivalent.
• Enjoy working with children and/or young people
• Be energetic and imaginative.
• Have no prior criminal convictions
• Being competent in the Spanish language is recommended, but is not necessary.
• Recent graduates (last four years) or university students preferred.
• Due to legislation, grant programs are only available to under 30s.
Contact us via email at the address given on the job heading.
Berriobide 38, Of. 212. 3
Tel: (+34) 948 983 539