Date posted:2004-04-29 | Writer: The American School of Tampico Language Institute | Email: [email protected]
Starting dates: August 16, 2004
Application deadline: June 18, 2004
* Native English speaker
* Between 25 and 45 years old
* Single female to share apartment
* CELTA, TEFL undergraduate degree or equivalent, M.A. desirable
* At least two years EFL/ESL experience teaching adults and teens, preferably overseas
* Basic computer skills
* Sociable, dynamic and adaptable
* Willing to work as part of a team
* Willing to abide by instituteí³ policies and procedures
* Amenable to a split schedule (early mornings, evenings) and Saturday mornings
* Eager to learn about Mexicoí³ rich culture and warm people
Only candidates meeting the above requirements need apply.
e-mail your resume and photo to: [email protected] and fill out and send application posted on our web page: Contact us
or send a hard copy along with a recent photo by messenger service (DHL or Federal Express) to the following address:
Leticia Orozco, Director
E. Azcarraga 208
Colonia Campbell 89260
Tampico, Tamaulipas, MÈ¸ico
An e-mail address and/or a telephone number must be included.
You might be contacted for a telephone interview.
The American School of Tampico Language Institute is a non-commercial, prestigious institution with a Self-Access Center and over 1000 students. The courses are learner-centered, communicative and cover all skills. This full-time position is for 30 hour a week of on-campus time, including up to 25 contact teaching hours catering to different levels. There are a few classes for children and young teens, but the students are mostly young adults and professional people. The staff includes a few Americans and Canadians and several local teachers. We operate on a four month term system all year round.
Salary and benefits:
* $12, 000 U.S. dollars for 12 months paid in pesos.
* roundtrip airfare from Canada or the U.S.
* 15 day paid vacation in August if renewing contract
* Major medical insurance plan
* FM 3 working visa paid
* Free Spanish classes at the institute
* Furnished housing
* Gym membership
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.