Date posted:2019-09-26 | Writer: Your English Workshop | Email: [email protected]
Your English Workshop is recruiting a full time TEFL position in Chambery/ Aix les Bains Savoie. We are looking for a native level English teacher to join our team as soon as possible, we specialize in teaching children and adults. In this role, the teacher will be responsible for teaching and engaging and helping these students to achieve the best academic results they can in English. It is a post that requires French, adaption, vision, anticipation, commitment and the consistent role modeling for pupils if you have experience with children this would be a welcoming position.
We will prepare all the lessons with programs from Oxford and us, through speaking, listening and games. These classes for our teachers are prepared in advance, and the teacher will have practically no preparation to do and a very little marking of books, exercises, tests, etc. The teacher will need to have a good level of French as French children and ‘beginner/elementary’ adults are used to being taught in French (!), though we try to maximize the level of English in our classes by speaking English as much as possible. Our belief at Your English Workshop is that every child/ adult has the capacity to learn English as a foreign language our approach is through programmes created by us and tested in our centers.
Our English school, “Your English Workshop” is based in Aix Les Bains and La Ravoire (Chambéry) in the Savoy, France. The school was established in Aix Les Bains at the start of 2012 and last year had approximately 100-120 regular, weekly students (children and adults from 5 years to 75 years old) and approximately 200 students as a whole over the year joined for private English lessons either in groups or individually. Our teachers generally teach from our Aix Les Bains and Chambery premises, but we also go directly to client offices and homes in the region.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• We will expect the teacher to work hard;
• Show commitment, lead an example and achieve our aims.
• Create an English environment with 100% English in class.
• Implementing our values and giving feedback to both parents and management.
• Contributing to in house events organised by the school, 2/3 times a year.
• Manning the desk and advising clients in French.
• Training will be provided upon arrival with security management.
• Organising stages with children
• The teacher will be expected to create and support rich, diverse classes in speaking areas.
• In return, the person will work with a team that will provide vision and direction and great practical and moral support. You will work in an environment where your opinions are sought and welcomed.
THE HOURS & SCHEDULE:
Most teachers will have an online schedule from either center which involves around 20/24 hours of teaching time and about 10/15 hours of manning the desk and doing some administration with preparation. Schedules could vary individually but will include preparing programs within the team. - ½ day on a Saturday 1 per month
- Children after school
- Paid holidays Y.E.W. is closed at Christmas to the New Year as well as 3 weeks in the summer.
Hold a TEFL or TESOL certificate, teaching experience with children and or adults is a big plus, former education valued too in all areas. Strong observational and analytical skills are essential, willing to engage in children and adults. Remember you will work in an environment where your opinions are sought and welcomed
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Depending on experience salary can vary, however we have perks that perk the salary... A full time contract CDI .
Contact us by email at the address given on the job heading with a CV and motivation letter
TEL: Mme Sinead Dupont-Pochat-Baron, Director: +33 6 78 13 78 89