Date posted:2018-11-01 | Writer: Amberson High School | Email: [email protected]
Amberson High School is a private high school registered under the Ontario Ministry of Education, and is licensed to offer high school credit courses (including ESL) that satisfy the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). At Amberson, we are motivated to nurture every student's success both academically and socially. As many of our students come from an international background, it is imperative for our teachers to give students the self confidence and comfort to adapt to the Canadian Secondary School system. Our teachers are OCT qualified, patient, thorough, and motivated.
We are currently looking for new EFL teachers to join our team and help students succeed, please see below for qualification and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Teach English and ESL courses in accordance with the Ontario Secondary School curriculum;
* Provide students with various evaluation opportunities for success;
* Assess and identify studentsÂ’ individual learning needs;
* Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual, and possibly other multi-media presentations;
* Assign and correct homework;
* Remain aware of individual student needs, and design learning plans accordingly to meet the needs of each student;
* Maintain frequent and effective communication with students, parents and administration; and
* Evaluate and review the progress of students and discuss progress results with students, parents and administration.
* Demonstrated ability to be innovative in utilizing teaching strategies that meet the needs of students;
* Effective communication with students who are not native English speakers;
* Qualified to teach English and/or ESL courses in accordance with the Ontario Secondary School curriculum
* Experience/training/knowledge of Ministry of Education Policy: Growing Success preferred;
* Experience in program design and implementation;
* Classroom management techniques which maintain student dignity;
* Valid Ontario Teaching Certificate preferred;
* Motivated, enthusiastic, highly responsible, and positive, with demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire students.
Education and/or Experience
* High school or equivalent, B.Ed strongly preferred
* 1-3 years teaching experience is an asset
Amberson High School welcomes the applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, ranging from recent graduates to experienced senior professionals. We offer challenging work within a positive work environment, favorable working conditions, opportunities for career development and a unique organizational culture.
Interested candidate should e-mail a copy of their resume and cover letter, including all teaching credentials, to the email address given on the job heading. Only those who are qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.