For each of five countries in each region we will consider factors such as a general statement of opportunity in the region, monthly salary in US$ equivalent and finally a typical current job posting from the region. It is important to view salaries in the context of a typical citizenâs average income. What may appear to be a low salary may in fact put you in a high income bracket (and vice-versa!) All figures were correct at the time of writing but are subject to change.
Table of Contents
There is a vast range of opportunity from high income first world countries like Japan and South Korea, to less-developed countries throughout the region. Salaries and conditions therefore vary due to those constraints.
- Thailand: Typical salary ranges from $750 - $1,500
- South Korea: Typical salary ranges from $2,000 - $3,000
- China: Typical salary ranges from $1,000 - $3,000
- Japan: Typical salary ranges from $2,500 - $3,000
- Vietnam: Typical salary ranges from $750 - $1,300
11 schools available across Thailand (kindergarten, primary and high school level)
- Work visa and work permit are provided
- Salary starts FROM 32,000 THB/month (native English speakers).
You will teach conversational English (speaking/listening) 5 days a week (Monday-Friday), approx. 20 hours of classes per week + 15 hours of office time. The teaching material/curriculum is provided by the school, you are free to use the lesson plans of your choice. The contract is renewable for another term (with 10,000thb bonus).
A clean private studio accommodation with Wi-Fi, A/C, furnished is pre-arranged for about 4,000thb/month.
Eastern and Western Europe provides a whole range of opportunities. In general the further West you go in Europe, the more demanding the requirements for employment. EU citizens are often favored.
- Spain: Typical salary ranges from $1,300 - $2,000
- Hungary: Typical salary ranges from $600 - $1,000
- Poland: Typical salary ranges from $600 - $1,000
- Italy: Typical salary ranges from $1,400 - $2,000
- Czech Republic: Typical salary ranges from $750 - $1,300
We are members of FECEI (Federation of English Language Teaching Centers in Spain) and TESOL Spain.
Salary and benefits
Social Security: Full National Health Insurance & social security cover.
Contract: Full time contract (19 contact hours minimum) Monday to Thursday.
Salary: Above the National Working Agreement & national average for private language schools.
Gross Salary: 1,300 - 1,400 euros - additional hours optional.
Relocation: Financial assistance (3 nights hotel paid on arrival) and full assistance with finding accommodation and settling in.
Paid Holidays: 2 weeks at Christmas, one week at Easter and any local/national holidays during the academic year.
- University degree
- Recognised TEFL qualification
- Working knowledge of Spanish an advantage
- Experience working with children and teens a plus
In some of the poorer countries employers are unable to advertise positions internationally. You have a much greater chance of finding employment being âIn countryâ in these regions.
Costa Rica: Typical salary ranges from $800 - $1,600
Brazil: Typical salary ranges from $800 - $1,500
Argentina: Typical salary ranges from $500 - $1,000
Mexico: Typical salary ranges from $500 - $1,000
Peru: Typical salary ranges from $400 - $600
Leading language institute is seeking TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certified native level English speakers for full-time teaching work in Costa Rica. Immediate openings: teachers are needed for classes starting in March 2022 and beyond. Competitive pay and bonuses available.
Our ESL teachers teach 30 contact hours per week, Monday â Friday. Class size is strictly limited to 12 learners. Most teachers teach a range of levels from basic to advanced. The majority of our learners are young adults (18-30 years old) and we provide classes specifically for teenagers (12-16 years old) between 4:00p.m. and 5:00p.m. only.
- You must be a native level English speaker.
- You must be TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA certified.
- You must be willing to commit to teaching with us for a minimum of 6 months.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a âloveâ for teaching; excellent writing skills, strong team skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
With the highest salaries in the world available in many Middle East countries, the qualifications and experience expected are also high. Religious and cultural considerations are also important.
UAE: Typical salary ranges from $2,000 - $4,000
Jordan: Typical salary ranges from $1,300 - $2,500
Saudi Arabia: Typical salary ranges from $2,000 - $3,000
Morocco: Typical salary ranges from $1,000 - $2,000
Turkey: Typical salary ranges from $900 - $1,300
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We need an enthusiastic, friendly teacher who is able to teach IELTS and general English to adults for an average of 30 hours per week. Overtime will be paid for any optional additional hours. The successful candidate should be prepared to learn to teach other exams once settled in. There is a senior teacher position for immediate start for the right candidate.
We are primarily looking for an enthusiastic teacher to teach lessons to young learners. There will also be opportunities to teach adults.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant work experience
- BA or teaching qualification/certificate
- Native level English speaker
A fast-growing institute based in the heart of Dubai. A short walk from Dubai Mall, the classrooms provide excellent views of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Water Canal.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: AED11,000.00 (starter) to AED13,000.00/month (US$3,000 - $3,500 per month)
- Residence visa
- Health insurance
- 30 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Progression and increases based on performance