"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Pakistan
Date posted:2014-07-22 | Writer: The Kaghan Memorial Trust | Email: email@example.com
The Kaghan Memorial Trust (KMT) is looking for teachers to work on a volunteer basis at its school in the Kaghan Valley. This is an excellent opportunity for those wishing use their TEFL qualification to bring a real and sustainable difference to a severely deprived community. It will also allow the volunteer to experience a rich and frequently misunderstood part of the world.
The Trust provides its volunteers with accommodation, meals, one return air ticket per year for travel between their home country and Islamabad, visa expenses, local health cover, local transport facilities and a monthly stipend of Pak. Rs. 10,000 (approx US $117) to cover incidental expenses.
• Teaching English as a foreign language to young learners (KG to Grade 6)
• Supporting local teaching staff (teacher training and monitoring teacher performance)
• Curriculum development
• Organisation of school events
• Working as part of the Volunteer International Teacher (VIT) team to develop initiatives to reduce absenteeism, improve health and hygiene, encourage good manners, increase awareness of environmental issues, etc.
• Applicants must have a college degree and experience teaching children and/or teaching English as a second language. TEFL/TESOL certification preferred. Experience overseas is an asset.
• A strong sense of commitment to the Trust’s objectives and a willingness to work for one full year.
• Ability to adapt to a different culture.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply in writing to the Programme Manager KMT, at the email address given on the job heading. All applications should be accompanied by a covering letter, resume and copy of the passport. Short listed candidates will be contacted for further information including references. An interview may also be scheduled at a later stage.
The Kaghan Memorial Trust
House #1, Old Firing Range Drive
Main Bani Gala Road, Bani Gala
Tel: +92 51 8436973-74