It is no secret that Asia has more English language teaching jobs than any other region and the average salaries are often high in comparison to other parts of the world. Every one of our training centers is located in an area where the demand for TEFL qualified teachers is strong and many of our graduates are able to secure a teaching position straight after finishing their course. Where you decide to complete your in-class TEFL course is entirely up to you, but you can rest assured that every center runs the same high level training in modern, welcoming surroundings.
Table of Contents
Teaching English abroad is huge across much of Asia which is why we have seven training centers for you to choose from, in six different countries. Every center is run by highly experienced staff who have spent many years teaching English and training new teachers in a variety of countries in Asia and beyond. Our in-class TEFL course training centers in Asia are located in:
The exciting capital city of Phnom Penh is the home of our in-class TEFL training center in Cambodia. This dynamic city will not disappoint as it has so many attractions, including:
- Historic charm: Phnom Penh exudes a blend of colonial-era architecture and modern development, offering a unique urban atmosphere.
- Cultural diversity: Experience the fusion of Khmer, French, and international influences in the city's cuisine, culture, and daily life.
- Street food delights: Savor Cambodian street food, from noodle dishes to fresh fruit, at local markets and street vendors.
- Buddhist temples: Explore Buddhist temples and pagodas that provide insight into Cambodia's religious traditions.
- Cultural performances: Attend traditional Khmer dance performances and other cultural shows to appreciate Cambodia's artistic heritage.
Our center in Japan is situated amid the modern metropolis of Tokyo where ancient traditions meet futuristic marvels. Nowhere on Earth offers quite such diversity as Japanâs capital. Highlights include:
- Cultural diversity: Tokyo is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, and lifestyles, making it a vibrant and cosmopolitan city.
- Historic temples and shrines: Discover a sense of serenity amidst the city's bustling streets with visits to ancient temples and shrines.
- Cosplay and subcultures: Immerse yourself in Tokyo's subcultures, including cosplay, anime, and manga.
- Street food adventures: Sample street food and local snacks from vendors and food stalls throughout the city.
- Nightlife: Experience Tokyo's diverse nightlife, including bars, clubs, and night markets.
Kathmandu will be your home from home during your TEFL course in Nepal. The city offers a blend of ancient traditions, spiritual sites, and a lively urban scene, making it a captivating destination. Highlights of Kathmandu include:
- Cultural heritage: Discover the rich cultural heritage of Kathmandu through its historic temples, palaces, and ancient architecture.
- Thamel district: Shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and enjoy the bustling atmosphere of this tourist hub known for its restaurants and nightlife.
- Local cuisine: Taste traditional Nepali dishes like momo (dumplings), dal bhat (lentil curry with rice), and explore international cuisine options.
- Yoga and meditation: Take part in yoga and meditation classes and retreats, embracing the city's spiritual atmosphere.
- Mountaineering and trekking: Plan your adventure to the Himalayas with the help of Kathmandu's trekking and mountaineering agencies.
Our training center in Seoul is a popular option as South Korea has one of the biggest markets for TEFL qualified teachers in Asia. There are many highlights to look forward to, on top of earning among the highest average salaries in the region:
- Historic palaces: Explore the city's royal heritage at Gyeongbokgung, Changdeokgung, and Deoksugung Palaces, each showcasing unique architecture and gardens.
- Insadong: Immerse yourself in traditional culture with art galleries, teahouses, and shops selling antiques, ceramics, and crafts.
- Korean cuisine: Savor authentic Korean dishes such as bibimbap, bulgogi, kimchi, and Korean barbecue at local restaurants and street vendors.
- Seoul forest: Escape the city hustle in this urban park, which includes a deer enclosure and beautiful walking paths.
- Hongdae: Experience Seoul's youthful and artsy side with street performances, indie music, and nightlife.
Thailand is another Asian destination that is popular with tourists, travelers, and TEFL qualified teachers. As the demand for teachers is particularly high across the country, we have two training centers to choose from. If you enjoy exploring vibrant cities, then Bangkok is a great choice. Highlights include:
- Grand Palace: Explore the opulent Grand Palace complex, home to the iconic Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha).
- Chao Phraya River: Take a boat ride on the river to view the city's landmarks and experience the vibrant waterfront life.
- Khao San Road: Experience the lively nightlife, street food, and backpacker scene in this famous street.
- Street Food: Savor a wide array of Thai street food, from pad Thai to mango sticky rice, at local stalls and markets.
- Muay Thai: Watch traditional Muay Thai fights at venues like Rajadamnern Stadium and Lumpini Stadium.
Our second option in Thailand is on the beautiful island of Phuket. Choose this training center and your highlights might include:
- Beaches: Enjoy the stunning beaches of Phuket, including Patong Beach, Kata Beach, and Karon Beach, each offering a different atmosphere and water activities.
- Island hopping: Explore the nearby islands through boat tours and excursions, such as Phi Phi Islands, James Bond Island, and Similan Islands.
- Old Phuket Town: Wander through the historic streets of Phuket Town, adorned with colorful Sino-Portuguese architecture, street art, and vibrant markets.
- Adventure activities: Try ziplining, ATV rides, rock climbing, and jungle trekking in Phuket's lush interior.
- Nightlife: Experience vibrant nightlife in Patong Beach, featuring bars, clubs, and entertainment shows.
Our final training center in the Asia region is located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This vibrant city is a great place to start your overseas teaching adventure as there is so much to see and do in your freetime, including:
- Independence Palace: Explore the historic government building, a symbol of South Vietnam's reunification in 1975, and its lush gardens.
- Cu Chi Tunnels: Take a day trip to explore the extensive network of tunnels used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
- Mekong Delta: Experience the vibrant culture and scenic beauty of the Mekong Delta through boat tours, floating markets, and rural villages.
- Jade Emperor Pagoda: Explore this atmospheric Buddhist temple, known for its ornate statues and peaceful ambiance.
- Local street food: Savor delicious Vietnamese cuisine, including pho, banh mi, and fresh spring rolls, at local eateries and street food stalls.