"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Position in California, USA
Date posted:2017-05-30 | Writer: New College | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New College has an immediate opportunity for a TEFL qualified teacher in Lodi, California.
· TESOL Certificate, completed, or in progress, and some training, teaching, group leadership, or tutoring skills.
· To teach the Intro to Outlook & Excel/Advanced grammar level, knowledge of, and comfort with these platforms is required.
· Native English or Native English Proficiency
· You must be able to arrive on time for classes.
· Teach English Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing Skills to adult Non-Native speakers who have resided in the USA for many years.
· Classes will take place on-site in Lodi, California for workers in a food processing plant with varying levels of professional development and English language knowledge.
· Develop lesson plans and tests based on work related materials provided by the Food Processing Plant. Your supervisor will provide you with some supplemental materials, and you are free to use your own.
· Meet for30 minutes in-person/ or via skype for supervision every 2 weeks at a mutually agreeable time. Submit lesson plans and brief weekly written reports that you will be given feedback on.
This is a very rewarding and challenging assignment. You will receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of this 6-monthteaching assignment.
· Stipend is $15 to $ 20, depending on experience and qualifications, per classroom hour. Each class is 2 hours. We are looking for 2 teachers, each teaching 8 to 12 hours per week. Start Date: Monday, June 5th, 12th or 19th, depending on your availability. End Date: mid- December to accommodate holidays. There is a possibility that this contract can extend for an additional 6 months if desired.
· Your students have fossilized errors. Beginner and Intermediate levels, some students have minimal education, others have high school level or higher in their native language. Upper Intermediate and Advanced students have higher education levels. Native languages spoken; Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Cambodian, Spanish, Hmong. We ask that you use only English in the classroom.
Please email your resume, letter of interest, lesson plan, preferred teaching schedule, preferred start date, and any questions you may have about this part-time, temporary, stipend position to Carmen Brown at the email address given on the job heading.