"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Job in The Dominican Republic
Date posted:2013-07-24 | Writer: Cabarete Language Institute | Email: email@example.com
Cabarete Language Institute is looking for a dynamic TEFL qualified English teacher for our Opportunities in English program in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. This four-month internship is for you if you are seeking:
• Hands-on experience teaching English to non-native speakers
• The opportunity to contribute to the social movement for education and job-skill building among disadvantaged youth and women
• A new and exciting culture in the Caribbean
• An international work experience to open doors to a rewarding career in teaching English
• And above all, a chance to make a difference in your life and the lives of others.
Cabarete Language Institute (CLI) provides Spanish, English and French language instruction in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. We pride ourselves on our interactive teaching methodology that emphasizes oral communication and language immersion; our certified language teachers who hold degrees in a modern language and/or education as well as specialized training in foreign language instruction; and our academic environment that encourages learners to actively communicate even during the very early stages of language acquisition.
The Opportunities in English program creates opportunities for Dominican youth and women from low-income families in the Cabarete area to learn English, an essential job skill in Cabarete’s tourism-based economy. CLI launched the Opportunities in English program in 2011 and seeks to expand the program in 2013-2014 through developing partnerships with local businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Opportunities in English Instructor
Duration and Location:
Four months; Cabarete, Dominican Republic
The Opportunities in English Instructor will teach English as a second language in group class settings to youth, women, and working adults from the Cabarete area. Classes will be of all levels and held both on-site at CLI and off-site at community locations. Responsibilities also include: prepare classes; assess student progress; aid in curriculum development; perform self-evaluations; participate in cultural activities; and create a welcoming and productive study and work environment.
This position is open to students in the field of Education/TESOL/TEFL seeking to do a practicum/internship and recent college graduates in the field of Education/TESOL/TEFL seeking experience teaching English to non-native speakers. A basic command of Spanish is not required, but highly recommended to adapt smoothly to life in Cabarete. Candidates must be:
• Independent, mature, dedicated, diligent and self-starters
• Flexible and resourceful
• Able to provide proof of international health insurance prior to start date
• US$450 stipend per month to help with the costs of housing, food, and local transportation
• Practical experience teaching English as a second language
• The opportunity to engage in cultural and language exchange with Dominicans
• The option of enrolling in CLI’s Spanish classes at 50% off regular rates
Please send your Cover Letter, Resume, and College Transcript (unofficial copy will suffice) to the email address given on the job heading.