Date posted:2017-03-29 | Writer: Kings Summer | Email: [email protected]
Kings summer is a thriving division of Kings Education. Each year we recruit for a number of roles to work in our Residential Summer Centres, and in non-Residential posts in our year-round schools. We have nine locations in the UK and two in the USA. Students attending our summer schools receive a combination of English language tuition and a comprehensive programme of activities and excursions. We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, professional EFL Teachers for work starting in late June/early July.
Our New York Residential Summer Center is located on the safe, attractive campus of Concordia College in the affluent village of Bronxville. Our Malibu Residential Summer Center is situated on the campus of Pepperdine University and enjoys a beautiful California location at the foot of the Santa Monica Mountains, with a fantastic view of the Pacific Ocean.
The role of the Teacher at Kings Summer is to provide EFL instruction to our international students.
Some of our schools operate a double shift system where half the students have lessons in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. In this scenario teachers will have 30 teaching hours per week and also work a full day excursion or airport transfer. In the single shift scenario teachers are expected to teach 15 hours and do activity sessions and a full day excursion or airport transfer.
All teachers are expected to do some meal and bedtime duties. All teaching staff work a 6 day week.
Kings Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of our students., All summer staff will be expected to adhere to our Child Protection policy. References (2 recent professional referees) will be followed up, gaps in CVs/resumes must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment. Applicants based overseas will be asked to provide evidence of a 'clean' local police check.
• Providing EFL instruction (15 or 30 hours per week)
• Attendance at regular staff meetings and teacher development workshops
• Monitoring and counselling of students on academic matters
• Ensuring students are prepared in class for excursions
• Submitting regular specified academic paperwork to Director of studies
• Leading and supervision of on site activities and off site excursions (when teaching 15 hours)
• Assisting with meeting and greeting/checking in students at airports
• First Degree or Equivalent (Level 6 qualifications and Credit Framework)
• Recognised teacher training qualification (CELTA/ TEFL/ TESOL or equivalent)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Energy, enthusiasm, and an empathy with children/teenagers
We offer a competitive rate of pay together with full board accommodation for residential staff.
For more information, or to apply, contact via email at the address given on the job heading.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.