Date posted:2017-12-30 | Writer: LAL Boston | Email: [email protected]
LAL Boston, founded in 2005, is one of the few accredited ESL schools in downtown Boston. We offer General and Intensive English courses as well as Test Prep and Business English programs to help our students achieve their long term goal of college/university level study. As such we are looking for dynamic and driven TESOL qualified teachers as serious about their professional development as we are.
LAL Boston is part of LAL Language Centres which has over 30 years’ experience in the EFL industry. With schools in England, Malta, South Africa and Fort Lauderdale we are an international company currently undergoing a period of expansion in the US. Your journey can start as a teacher and LAL can take you wherever you want to go.
What we do
LAL Boston teaches English to adult students aged 16 and over. We offer high quality courses that are accredited by the CEA. We also provide an optional leisure programme for adults, including tours to destinations near and far, and events in the school: this is part of our core principle that our students should enjoy a full cultural experience as well as classroom time, which is why LAL stands for ‘Language And Leisure’.
Our school has just six classrooms, and we can teach up to 120 students on two shifts in the mornings and afternoons. We have a small but dedicated team of staff, including teachers and administration staff, who are supported by the LAL Language Centres staff at our sister school in Florida and at our central offices in the UK.
• 8:00 am to 12:15 pm, Monday-Friday
• Limited availability for afternoon classes (1:00pm to 2:30pm).
• Teach classes following school curriculum
• Prepare dynamic and engaging lessons
• Administer quizzes and assessments
• Participate in faculty meetings and professional development opportunities
• BA/BSc or equivalent
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate or Master’s Degree in related field
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
• $20.00 per hour (average 15 hours per week)
• Paid Prep Time (3.75 hours per week based on 15 contact hours)
• Paid Induction
• Monthly paid Professional Development Workshops (Internal)
• Probationary period with regular formal feedback opportunities
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to LAL Boston at the email address given on the job heading.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.