Date posted:2014-05-20 | Writer: Teach to Travel | Email: [email protected]
Teach to Travel is now hiring TEFL qualified teachers, with 150 positions available for September 2014 starts in Istanbul, Turkey. The jobs are based in private kindergarten, primary and secondary schools on both the European and Asian parts of Istanbul. The positions are for 10 months, with a 2000TL bonus paid at the end of the school year. Teaching in Istanbul provides teachers a wonderful opportunity to live and work in the cradle of civilization and experience the fusion of the East and the West.
Students per class: 10-25
Hours Per Week: 25
Days Taught: M-F
Salary: 2350-2650TL depending on experience, Net of Tax
Visa: Residency and Work Permits provided (a $300 deposit will be required for this, returned at the end of the contract)
Bonus: 2000TL paid on completion of the contract
Accommodation: Assistance offered in finding, no financial assistance provided.
Flights: Not Provided.
Teachers will be offered roles depending on their experience and qualifications. It is custom to offer the more experience teachers a role with older students. Kindergarten roles are specifically allocated to female teachers.
1) Teachers must have a university degree in any subject
2) Teachers should have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA qualification, or the equivalent
3) Teachers can be male or female; 21-50 years of age
4) Teachers should be native level English speakers
If you are interested in applying for these positions, you will need to have the following documents at hand:
1) Valid Passport
2) Teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.)
3) Undergraduate diploma or degree certificate
4) Background check issued within the last 6 months
5) Two (2) reference letters from previous employment or school
Contact us at the email address given on the job heading for details of our application procedures.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.