"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Energetic Teacher Wanted to Teach English in Turkey
Date posted:2004-04-30 | Writer: English First Istanbul | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two of the branches are located on the European side and one on the Asian side of the city.
Each school currently has approximately 16 full time English teachers.
Details of positions:
- 9-month contract starting in September, October or November 2004
- Monthly salary on a rising scale from 1.2 to 1.8 billion Turkish Lira
(approx $875 to $1325 at current rates)depending on qualifications and
years of experience and rising in line with inflation every 6 months
- Contribution towards air fare at end of contract
- Help with finding accommodation
- One week's paid holiday + all major national Turkish holidays
- Excellent resources
- Free Turkish classes
- British Council membership
- State medical cover
- Meal tickets
- max 26 contact teaching hrs (one contact hour is 50 min.). Two-day weekend
(not necessarily consecutive days)
- Adult, Business (In-company and In-school) and Young Learner classes.
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms with dvd, projectors etc
The schools have a commitment to help teachers with their professional development, and subsidies for courses e.g. DELTA are available. There are regular teacher development workshops.
*Applicants must have a degree and a CELTA or equivalent qualification
*Applicants should also have a strong interest in their own professional
*Commitment to working as part of a team in a professional and demanding
*Some post-qualification EFL Experience is desirable but not essential
*Basic computer skills also desirable
Please send a CV giving personal details, educational background,
qualifications, relevant previous experience, and referee details to
addressing your mail to Benet Vincent, Director of Studies. Please also indicate if there is a particular branch you would like to work in.
Please note that we will contact only those applicants who we feel meet
the above requirements and who have sent a CV, although it may not even be possible to contact all of these.