"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Employment teaching English in Turkey - Istanbul
Date posted:2005-08-11 | Writer: Berlitz Language Center, Istanbul | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Berlitz Language Center is looking for ESL instructors for its two locations in Istanbul.
Berlitz is a customer oriented company mainly serves its corporate clients, therefore aside from General English, we teach Business English, English for Lawyers, TOFEL etc.
The Instructor is responsible for teaching assigned classes in accordance with Berlitz instruction principles; for fulfilling administrative duties as required by the management; and for participating in professional development activities as directed by the Language Instructor Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Deliver lessons in accordance with Berlitz teaching principles and focused on the interests and needs of the students, working with private students and groups of differing sizes at the LC and at off-site locations
* Integrate learning technology into teaching programs, as required by the curriculum or requested by the student
* Keep student records up to date as required or requested.
* Fulfill ongoing responsibilities to customers as required by the Berlitz Learning Cycle
* Maintain an impeccable customer focus in the delivery of all duties
* Refer non-academic and academic questions to the appropriate person at the LC
* Actively participate in own professional self-development plan, directed and supported by the LIS and Instructor Coach
* Actively participate in own performance evaluation plan, directed and supported by the LIS
* Help promote LC activities to customers
* Practice the Five Berlitz Operating Principles as a guide to professional behavior and professional relationships with LC staff and customers
* BA degree in English Literature, Education, Business, Economics or Law
* TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
* Cultural sensitivity
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Successful completion of the core modules of the Berlitz Instructor Training
* Minimum two years of teaching experience