"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Opportunities For EFL Teachers in Spain (2)
Date posted:2016-01-21 | Writer: Meddeas | Email: email@example.com
Do you want to live a once in a lifetime opportunity using your TEFL skills? Application period open now to become a Language Assistant in Spain with Meddeas. Early applicants will increase their chances of joining the programmes. During 6 to 8 months, you will enrol a structured programme and cooperate in one of our more than 200 educational centres. Moreover, you will add international experience and transferable skills to your CV while discovering a new culture and language. You will receive a monthly grant, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student. And you’ll pay no fees!
You can teach children aged two to eighteen, learners' English levels range from beginner to advance.
Starting dates available:
- Immediately until May/June 2016
- September 2016 until June 2017
- January 2017 until June 2017
There are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programmes are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion.
The more Spanish you speak before your arrival the more you’ll learn while you’re here. If you are going to live with a host family, we provide you with a Spanish language online course before your arrival in Spain to help you make the most of this experience.
Don't miss out our participants' testimonials in Meddeas Language Assistants' blog. Join us for news and updates our Facebook and Youtube Channel.
BA in English, OR any degree + TEFL /TESOL course OR BA in Education
Native-level English speaker.
Someone who enjoys working with children and / or young people.
Energetic and imaginative.
With no criminal records.
Competence in the Spanish language is recommended, but not necessary.
Selected candidates will:
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as language assistants with 20 teaching hours per week, with the same holidays as the school.
• Receive a 20 ECTS credits Expert in Bilingual Education certified course, given by a Spanish university, or a 6 ECTS TEFL or AMET certified course –depending on the program.
• Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
• Receive a monthly allowance, more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
• Have support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas, helping the language assistant in his/her task.
Interviews are held on an ongoing basis, so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Doubts? Interested? Send an email to the address given on the job heading.