Date posted:2017-11-30 | Writer: Korean Horizons | Email: [email protected]
Korean Horizons provides government public schools for the peak seasons of March & September and have public school EFL positions throughout the entire year. We work with more education offices than any other recruitment company, and we therefore have more public schools jobs than any other recruitment company out there today. We are a recruitment company which officially works with EPIK. We also officially work with the Incheon Office of Education, the Chungnam Office of Education and the Gyungnam Office of Education. The Gyeonggi (GEPIK) program has decided to ask for teachers from EPIK; so if you want to be near Seoul and in a Public School - apply with Korean Horizons! We can make it happen for you!
We are owned & operated by UK nationals and are a registered company in South Korea. We can communicate with you easily & understand your needs - whether this is your first time or if you are currently here inside South Korea. With a Korean company, your preferences will be lost in translation. Never will you be misunderstood by us.
The current position is to teach conversational English to Korean children. It's a year long contract. Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday; no weekends. 22 classes per week and 1 class is between 40-50mins.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Salary is in accordance with a pay scale which between 2.0m - 2.95m won per month.
• Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive:
Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, Emart Voucher for 10,000won, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.
WHAT WE WANT:
To apply, you need:
1. To be from the US, the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. We are not able to hire candidates outside of these countries.
2. To have a Bachelor degree
3. To have a clean criminal history
4. A TEFL /TESOL qualification is a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your resume to the email address given on the job heading.
Extra Information: We also have a Facebook page.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.