Date posted:2018-05-21 | Writer: Yonsei University | Email: [email protected]
Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute welcomes candidates for a full-time instructor position to teach in FLI’s English Language Program. The FLI has over 40 years’ experience in educating university students, business populations, professors, and the public who are interested in learning English for integrative and/or instrumental purposes. FLI seeks instructors who have noteworthy experience and educational background in the field of EFL/ESL and who are available to start on July 2nd, 2018.
Job Title: Full-time English Instructor (1)
1) Minimum requirements: Native level speaker of English with a Master’s Degree in English Language Education, Linguistics, or other related field of study and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience as a full/part-time instructor in an ESL/EFL adult program
2) Priority given to candidates who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations and job skills to adult learners, understands language acquisition principles, have experience developing and using effective language teaching methods and materials, a keen understanding of Korean English language learners, ability to acclimate to new programs, and ability to collaborate well with fellow colleagues.
3) Must be currently residing in Korea with an E-2 or F-2, F-4, F-5 visa.
KEY WORKING CONDITIONS:
1) Location: Yonsei University, Shinchon Campus (New Millennium Hall, Yonsei FLI)
2) Teaching Hours: 20 hours/week
3) Base Salary: 2.2mil ~ 2.4mil ( + 552,000 won monthly housing fee) -starting remuneration
decided upon qualifications and teaching experience
4) Contract Duration: 1 calendar year (renewable based on performance evaluation)
5) 20 days of vacation (10 days during session + 10 days during session break) per 1 year contract
6) Overtime Pay: based on program taught
7) Severance pay upon completion of instructorship at FLI (Please note: Severance will not be issued yearly but upon termination of employment. i.e. if an instructor re-contracts for another year, he or she will receive combined severance when he or she leaves Yonsei FLI.)
8) Medical Insurance, National Pension, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance shared by the Foreign Language Institute
9) Housing Subsidy: Supports 552,000 won for on/off campus housing subsidy (no key-money provided)
1) Resume or CV (need to state all teaching experience in detail)
2) Cover letter (no more than 1 page long) on overall experience and qualification
3) Scanned or photocopied diploma and a copy of transcript
4) Recent photo (must be a recent picture)
5) A copy of passport (photo page)
6) 2 references (Not in need of a reference letter, but will need a contact point)
7) A copy of Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
8) Copies of Teaching Certificate(s) (if applicable) - i.e. Teacher’s certificate,
Please send the required documents to the email address given on the job heading for the attention of Ms. Ina Cho, Head Coordinator of Yonsei University, Foreign Language Institute.
â€» IMPORTANT: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
(Two interviews to be held in June/ 1st interview: Head Coordinator, 2nd interview: Head Coordinator and Deputy Director of Yonsei FLI / 1 or 2 day training session before start date)
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.