Date posted:2017-03-07 | Writer: Handskorea Recruiting | Email: [email protected]
Hands Korea is a recruiting and consulting firm based in Seoul, Korea. We place TEFL qualified candidates from all over the world into great schools throughout Korea. We are dedicated to assist you in getting a wonderful job as well as guiding you through your entire time here in Korea. We also offer various social events and classroom support for those entirely new to teaching.
Currently we are looking numerous EFL teachers who are dedicated and passionate. No experience in these fields is necessary - this is an ideal opportunity for newly qualified TEFL graduates. Teaching in Korea would be rewarding and valuable experience and a great chance to widen your views by travelling Korea, which has one of the oldest cultures in the world.
Positions are available at public schools. You can expect a competitive salary based on your qualification including teaching experience and TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certificate and the cost of living in Korea is reasonable, therefore you can expect to save a big portion of the salary.
- work 8 hours per day for 5 days per week from Monday to Friday and no work on any national holidays
- prepare teaching materials and lesson plans for English classes
- assist with and/or lead the development and creation of teaching materials related to English language education
- assist with and/or lead activities related to English language education and other extracurricular activities
- conduct English conversational class(es)/course(s) for Korean teachers and students
- perform other duties as designated by the Employer including various English programs during the school vacation period.
Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Gwangju, Gyeonggi province, Gyeongsang province, etc. (almost all of major cities except some cities for their budget issues)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Round trip Airfare reimbursement upon arrival in Korea
Free housing (teachers will only pay for utilities)
Pension Payment (Korean Social Security)
Contract completion bonus (equal to one months' salary)
Starting salary of between 2.1-2.3 million Korean Won ($2000~$2300) per month
Employee shall be entitled paid vacation period, 2 weeks in summer & 2 weeks in winter
1) 4 year college diploma in any field (candidates with a degree in Education are given priority)
2) clean criminal history (candidates must supply a nation-wide criminal background check)
3) applicants must possess a current and valid passport
4) at least 100 hours TESOL/TEFL/CELTA (in- class component is preferred)
5) be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, Ireland and South Africa only
6) applicant must be a native speaker OR have studied from the junior high level (7th grade) and resided for at least 10 years or more in the country where English is the primary language
(No. 1,2,3,5,6 is because of Korean Immigration Law to process English teaching VISA, not for discrimination)
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Getting started is easy. Simply follow the steps below, and we will help you through every step of the process.
1) Email us at the address given on the job heading with your resume, which should include any previous experience working with kids or other relevant positions held. The resume should have a profile picture (passport-style) and your current contact info, including Skype ID if you have one.
2) Once your resume is reviewed and you meet the qualifications, we will email you and schedule a time to speak on the phone or Skype. This is usually around a 10 minute conversation, and allows us to answer any questions you might have.
3) Gather required documents (including Criminal Background Check, diploma, transcripts, etc.)
Thanks for reading and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.