Date posted:2015-09-29 | Writer: Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre | Email: [email protected]
Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre requires native level English speakers to teach EFL at the Ministry of Higher Education Colleges of Applied Sciences in Ibri, Sultanate of Oman. Working hours will be from 8:00am until 4:30pm, Sunday to Thursday. Friday & Saturday are non-working days. The teaching period will be 20 hours per week.
Successful applicants will commence duties in the middle of November 2015.
1. Bachelor Degree with a TESOL or TEFL certificate and with a minimum of 3 years experience
2. Master Degree in TESOL, TEFL, Applied Linguistics, Literature or related subject, and with a minimum of 3 years experience.
1. Monthly Tax Free Salary package depending on qualifications and related experience:
a. 900 Omani Riyals, for Bachelor Degree Holders + 60 OR transport allowance
b. 975 Omani Riyals, for Master Degree Holders + 60 OR transport allowance
2. The Centre will cover Water/Electricity charges up to 44 Omani Riyals monthly.
3. Suitable, furnished, air-conditioned non-shared accommodation.
4. Contract renewable upon mutual agreement.
5. 60 days annual leave per completed year of service. The leave payment will accrue on a pro-rata basis for each completed month of service (5 days per each completed month of service).
6. Medical Insurance for employee within Oman only.
7. Workplace Accident Insurance for employee (Riyal Omani 5000 compensation in case of death or total disability due to work)
8. One-way economy ticket for staff to join duties and the same at the end of the contract. 75% value cash payment of Economy return ticket for staff in case of renewal of contract.
9. One month basic salary gratuity payment per year, provided that the employee completed the first 12 months of service.
10. Free medical services in the approved clinics and hospitals by the Centre for employee.
11. We will be responsible for providing the work permit and visa.
Email your CV now to the address given on the job heading. Initially the candidates should send the following documents:
Detailed Curriculum Vitae providing career history, qualifications, experience, and personal details of the candidate (marital status, number of dependents, date of birth, health issues), supported by scanned copies of qualifications, experience testimonials or reference letters, current passport and passport-sized colored photographs to be scanned and sent.
Abdul Majid Majali, Director
P.O. Box 409, P.C. 100
Tel: 00968 99373518, 00968 24486318
Fax: 00968 24484112
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.