"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
EFL Instructors Needed in Yemen
Date posted:2012-03-21 | Writer: New Horizons Training Center | Email: email@example.com
New Horizons Training Center is looking to hire 15 EFL teachers, who are able to start in April with a desire to visit new places, discover other cultures, and make remarkable changes and adventures in their lives. The contract will be for minimum of 1 year and open for extension. We will offer the following:
1- Shared furnished accommodation will be provided included utilities i.e. electricity, water & gas.
2- Arabic Courses.
3- Computer courses. (Application, Technical)
4- Business management skills courses will be provided.
5- Cultural activities and free field trips to historical sites in Yemen.
6- Starting Salary for teachers looking to gain experience is $500USD.
7- Starting Salary for experienced teachers is $1000 USD.
8- We will provide round trip flight tickets.
POSITION TITLE: English Language Program Teacher
To deliver English Language training to New Horizons students following the New Horizons delivery system, method and procedures.
1. Class Preparation:
• Accountable for designing and developing individual Lesson Plans
following the methods and systems outlined by Program Manager.
• Ensure timely and appropriate delivery of classroom Exercise and/or
Conversation Club classes.
• Ensure compliance with New Horizons policies and practices for program
delivery and customer service.
• Ensure that prior to each lesson the online course is reviewed and understood.
• Be present in the New Horizons center 40 hours a week.
• Teach up to 33 hours a week.
• Spend at least 7 hours a week preparing classes or aiding students.
• Monitor and report student progress using the Teacher Management System (TMS).
• Attend staff meetings.
3. Program Administration:
• Conduct, score and interpret student on-line, written and oral placement tests.
• Determine the proper placement of students in classes based on test scores.
• Advise students on such issues as progress and performance by regularly monitoring progress.
• Submit a collection of lesson plans on a monthly basis to Program Manager for review.
4. Other duties as determined by General Manager.
• Ability to work well in a structured and well-defined system.
• Able to motivate people to achieve their learning goals.
• Two or more years of ESL teaching experience. Bachelor’s degree.
• MA in TESL or education preferred. Professional involvement (TESOL, NAFSA, etc.)preferred.
• Native speaker fluency: Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
• Experience teaching in a non-English speaking country preferred.
• Computer literacy and ability to demonstrate proficiency in software applications.
We offer both educational and entertainment programs for English instructors. New Horizons provide trips and tours to different cities in Yemen that will allow you to explore the culture of Yemen's ancient civilizations, its rich architectural heritage and diverse natural wonders, which range from Red Sea coral reefs to dusty deserts to mountain peaks. Moreover, Arabic and computer courses will be offered.
Yemen is located on the Arabian Peninsula. Yemen is culturally, geographically, and economically different from other Gulf countries. It is rich in tradition and history. The old city of Sana’a, the capital, famous for its tower houses, is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At an altitude of 2,300 meters it is also one of the highest capitals in the world and experiences a mild weather and two rainy seasons a year, while the rest of the peninsula is scorching. Unlike its northern and eastern neighbors, Yemen has not experienced a big influx of foreigner workers. Thus the cost of living is extremely cheap, the cheapest from all the other Arab countries, in fact. On average, your living costs would be between $200-$250 a month.
Resumes can be sent to the e-mail address given on the job heading.
I look forward to hearing from you soon
ALKHALEEJ FOR TRAINING & CONSULTANCY
Algeria St. P.O.Box: 3964
Sana'a Trade Center
Sana'a – YEMEN
Tel: 967 1 448573
Fax: 9671 448547
Mobile: 967 777 770707