"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Mexico - Hermosillo
Date posted:2002-04-05 | Writer: Universidad del Noroeste | Email: email@example.com
WHERE?: Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, ( 3hrs from Nogales, Arizona border)
WHEN?: To be in Hermosillo in August, 1st, 2002 and start teaching: August 12, 2002
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?:
The Language Department at Universidad del Noroeste is looking for 4 experienced teachers in EFL/ESL or related field to be part of our six level program of instruction where English is mandatory for all majors in the institution, and elective English courses such as: Business English, Preparation for TOEFL and Writing are offered.
Instituto Soria High School (IS) is looking for 1 full time teacher with EFL/ESL experience for the six level mandatory English courses and Writing class.
**Teachers MUST have a Master's degree in EFL/ESL or related field under the following conditions:
ALL DIPLOMAS SHOULD BE TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH, AND TEACHER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for paying the certificated translation (around $200.00 Mexican currency- pesos)
** We are looking for teachers who are willing to commit themselves for a minimum of one year.
** Teachers with experience working with groups of up to 25 young adult students. Candidates with living experience in Latin America preferred.
* Master's and Bachelor's degrees for UNO.
* Bachelor's degree for IS
* Minimum of two years experience teaching English
* Able to present and share information with other teachers at academic workshops occasionally. (Second and Foreign Language acquisition process, teaching and learning strategies, etc.)
* Enjoys teamwork.
* Willing to participate in cultural awareness events among the university community.
* Works well with others.
* Able to make friends.
* Able to handle multiple tasks at once.
* Willing to learn and participate in another culture.
* Good sense of humor.
* Enthusiasm for lesson planning and activity sharing
* The ability to smile at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
* Work schedule varying from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
* 40 hours a week:
* 20 hours teaching
* 20 hours grading, tutoring, class planning, doing some administrative duties and planning cultural awareness activities with students.
* Attend and participate meetings, seminars, trainings and workshops occasionally.
* Help giving and grading placement exams for all new students coming to UNO every semester.
* Help giving and grading TOEFL exams for levels 5, 6 and elective courses.
Who are we?:
UNO is a 22 years old private university that offers 13 undergraduate programs, 4 postgraduate programs and 3 different adult undergraduate programs.
The Language Department oversees the English and French Programs which averages 700 students a semester, from all the majors at Universidad del Noroeste. There are 1660 students actually registered at UNO.
UNO is affiliated to an educational group that was founded back in 1918, and its campus is located outside of the city limits.
Instituto Soria High School is located in the original campus in the downtown area, close to the commercial and financial area of the city. Currently there are about 600 students registered at IS.
Hermosillo is the capital city of Sonora. It is a border state, which means that is significantly different from the touristic parts of Mexico. It is definitely Mexico but the influence of the U.S. is apparent. Life here is often dictated by the climate, which is over 110 during the summer months, which is a great time to spend a weekend in nearby Kino Bay or San Carlos Bay.