Date posted:2008-04-08 | Writer: Banks & Lee Academic English | Email: [email protected]
A well educated, experienced and energetic teacher required by friendly, foreign owned and run school, Banks & Lee Academic English for Winter Intensive Course.
** About us
I am a British national and my wife is Korean. We both have extensive university (Seoul National University) teaching experience and established our school in 2005. We teach a variety of classes, from standard pre- and elementary school classes to middle school. We also teach returnee level young learners.
Our curriculum is developing alongside our student base. What this means is that any teacher working with us would enjoy the following benefits:
1. A western management team; very approachable, reasonable and fair minded. Hopefully this will limit any opportunities for cross-cultural misunderstandings.
2. An opportunity for a proactive teacher to participate in the way in which our school and curriculum develop.
3. The potential to teach classes of a relatively high standard (higher level Elementary schoolers, M school and also returnees).
4. The future opportunity to do some editing and re-writing as this work expands.
Sanbon is a very pleasant and safe city in Gyunggi-do. Subway (Blue #4 Line) is available. 30 minutes south of Sadang, Seoul. Our school is less than 5 min on foot from Sanbon station, right behind Sanbon E-Mart.
** Start Dates
Mid May - Early June, 2008.
** Qualification for both positions
TESOl /TEFL or equivalent qualification.
BA degree (Bachelor's degree)
Native speaker of English.
Reliable, responsible, enthusiastic person.
- Working Hours : 25 hours of teaching (NOT 30 hours!)/ week + preparation
- Basic Minimum Salary: 2.0 – 2.2 million won/month
- Overtime pay : 20,000 won per hour
- One month severance pay at end of a 1-year contract
- Contract: 12 Months
- Students: 10 or fewer students per class; 7-16 years old
- Housing : furnished living accommodation within walking distance of school
- Holidays : 10 days paid vacation plus all national holidays
- Health Insurance : Employer pays 50% of the medical insurance cost
If you are interested, please contact us at first instance forwarding CV, cover letter & photo and reference contact to both:
Dr. Hyang-kue Lee: [email protected] (or call 010 6485-3466)
Mr. Anthony Banks: [email protected] (or call 010 8574-3466)
Good luck with your application!
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.