"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Great TEFL Position in Seoul, Korea
Date posted:2011-10-13 | Writer: Jeong Sang Language School | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeong Sang Language School has TEFL positions starting on December 1st. We do not hire often so here is your chance. We are looking for qualified EFL teachers who are able to commit to a 1 year contract teaching classes of 10-16 students around 25 hours a week. Benefits include an attractive salary, reimbursement of airfare, free accommodation or housing allowance, and subsidized health insurance. JLS has been in the educational field for 25 years. We currently have more than 50 schools in Seoul and Kyeonggi, as well as over 40 franchises all over the country.
JLS operates all of our campuses through our central office in Gangnam, Seoul. This enables us to maintain a consistent and uniform level of quality and excellence at all our locations. We use only the finest textbooks from a variety of well-renowned EFL/ESL publishers as well as textbooks and materials from our own publishing company and audio department. Teachers are provided with ongoing support for teaching their classes to ensure both satisfaction and enjoyment in their work. We are seeking dependable, motivated teachers who enjoy working with young learners and who would like to work for a professional and reputable language institute.
Please Note: There are NO pre-school or Kindergarten classes at JLS.
1. Housing (walking distance from the school)
A furnished apartment close to the school and you will have the place to yourself (NO roommates). Aside from furniture and kitchen appliances, amenities include A/C, TV, vacuum, etc. Teachers with their own housing will be provided with 700,000 won/month as a housing allowance.
2. Salary & Severance
A starting salary of 2,300,000 Korean won per month for the first year with JLS. One month severance-pay will be awarded upon the successful completion of a one-year contract.
Five days summer vacation around the end of July and a one-week winter vacation from Christmas through the New Years.
Teachers are responsible for arranging their own air ticket to Korea. However, they will be reimbursed 1,200,000 won, to be paid on their first paycheck to cover the cost of the flight. Upon completion of their one-year contract, if the teacher wishes to leave JLS, they will be provided with an additional 1,200,000 won on their last paycheck to cover the airfare from Seoul to any location in which the instructor desires. Applicants who are already in Seoul, and need to travel to another country to get their visa re-stamped will be provided 1,200,000 won to do so.
5. Teaching Hours
Monday to Friday with an average of 25 hours a week. There is a 30 hour contract requirement, but this rarely ever happens as we understand the workload and stress created by such a high number of hours. Classes are usually taught between 2 and 10pm but the schedule could be flexible twice a year during the student’s winter and summer vacation periods. There are no working hours you must stay at the school besides your teaching hours. You can come in when your class starts and leave after the class. However, it would be nice to spend a minimal amount of time preparing for your classes.
You will only teach conversational speaking classes to Elementary school students. There are approximately 10 – 16 students per class.
7. Health Care
50% Health insurance will be covered by JLS.
*Full use of school computers for the internet, preparation for classes, research, etc.
* An orientation session to help you adapt to life in Korea, as well as continued support throughout the year.
* National Pension of 4.5% for all teachers. Teachers can collect their accumulated pension from the National Pension office when they leave Korea.
- Candidates must possess a 4-year University degree
- Candidates must be natives of the country whose mother language is English.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 1 year of teaching, EFL teaching certification, child-care, or related experience.
- Preference will be given to those who are already in Korea and who will be available for a personal interview.
Please send the following application information to the e-mail address given on the job heading:
1. Your resume, a cover letter outlining your experience in the educational field, your reasons for wishing to work for JLS, the earliest possible date which you would be available to work.
2. A recent photo of yourself.
3. Available time for phone interview.
4. State if you have the documents for E-2 visa (notarized criminal background check and University diploma)
5. Reference from your formal employer.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
SunYoung Kim or Travis Baker
Manager, HR Team
JLS (Jeong Sang Language School)
3rd Floor Seorim Building, 994-8 Daechi Dong,
Gangnam gu, Seoul
Please phone between the hours of 10am-7pm Korean Time