"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Job in Japan (5)
Date posted:2016-11-27 | Writer: Osaka Language Academy | Email: email@example.com
A full-time EFL teaching position is open to join Osaka Language Academy’s growing schools in Higashimikuni and Shinosaka, both with good access to Shinkansen, JR trains and subways. As the school expands rapidly, we are hoping to welcome a new team member as soon as possible. We are seeking a teacher who is eager and able to relocate to Japan on her/his working holiday visas which will speed up the process once successful. We are seeking those who have character which matches the school and professionalism to apply. A high level of competency, reliability, flexibility, logical approach and creativity needed to be successful - a sense of humour and friendly character will be welcomed too.
Our school has students of all ages from 3 upwards all through business men to retired so the candidate needs to be comfortable with kids and adults. We are a medium to large, foreign owned family run school which provide a freer working environment compare to other Japanese owned schools.
We require genuine life experience and a passion to teach and have fun teaching with professionalism first and foremost. We believe that if you have fun teaching, then the student does too.
● 120 hour TEFL qualification/ TESOL qualification or equivalent
● At least 2 years of ESL teaching experience (reference from ex-employer(s))
● University Degrees (legal requirement from Japanese authority for visa sponsorship)
● Your recent photograph
● No Japanese language ability required
Typical tasks involve;
● Classroom management; facilitating the lessons maximising the students chance to speak while ensuring adequate correction is given depending on the students needs/likes
● Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
● e-mailing adult students homework if required;
● marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
● organising and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as school events, school parties, dinners and excursions;
● Involvement in school marketing ideas and implementation
● attending and contributing to training sessions;
● participating in marketing events for the school;
● Basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records.
● Starting Salary: 210,000-250,000* Dependant on experience
● Visa sponsorship is offered once FT position is offered and accepted.
● 30 days+ paid holiday
● Accident insurance during working hours covered
● Assistance to find housing accommodation
● Overall welfare assistance
● Possible pay rise for those who show outstanding performance and contribution to the school.
* 2 months probation period is applied
Applicants will need to send their CV and cover letter to Steve and Junko Sasaki-Samuels at the email address given on the job heading.
Successful applicants are invited to Skype interviews with the management followed by potential face to face interviews. Referees will also be contacted.
We will be in contact with the applicants who are successful with the first stage. Could you please assume if you haven’t heard from us in 2 weeks then unfortunately you application has been unsuccessful.