"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Japan - Hiroshima
Date posted:2004-09-10 | Writer: Foster Language School | Email: email@example.com
We are a small, growing school located in Higashi-Hiroshima City, 30 minutes east of Hiroshima City. We need to replace one of our 3 foreign teachers and are searching for a dynamic teaching professional to begin October 25, 2004.
Situated close to Hiroshima Prefectural University, much of our clientele
consists of students, professors, and researchers from the (Hiro Dai)
University. Accordingly, many of our classes are specialized (proof-reading class, presentation class, TOEFL and TOEIC) to the scholarly needs of our students and require someone who is familiar with academic writing and research, particularly in the sciences and technology. We also undertake a fair bit of proof-reading and editing of academic papers.
Our children's program is also growing, particularly with the kindergarten
set, and the successful candidate must be excited about taking on a schedule that is 40% children's classes. We use a combination of "Let's Go" and "Finding Out" texts for elementary school children. We also have several junior high-school and high-school classes. These especially require creativeness on the part of the teacher.
A driver's licence is required as teachers go out to our satellite schools
2-3 days each week. Because we focus on American English, and it is
difficult for Americans to transfer their driver's licences in Japan, we
prefer to hire a Canadian.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has some experience teaching in Asia, and wants to continue living in /studying Japanese, while challenging oneself as a teaching professional.
The school provides key money and furnishes an apartment. The teacher is responsible for the rent (approx. Y45, 000).
Work days are Monday - Friday. Teaching hours are approximately 22 hours per week with (self-determined) administrative and preparation time.
We look forward to hearing from you. As we receive many applications, only those candidates we judge as suitable will be contacted. We wish you well in your job search.
When you apply for this position, following 'Questionnaire' form is required. Please copy the following form and enter all the articles, and enclose it with your documents.
We can't accept your application without this 'Questionnaire' form.
Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Koichi Kamioki
Available phone #:
2. Date of Birth: Y M D Age: YO
3. Sex: Female Male
4. Marital Status: Single Married
5. Drivers License(required): No Yes:
6. Qualification (Related ESL only)ÅF No Yes: : (name)
7. Teaching Experience No Yes: : Years Where?
From Year Month~ Year Month
8. Experience teaching children: No Yes
Age: From yo. to yo. From month year to month year
9. Do you prefer kid class? No Yes:
10. Teaching Experience in Japan: No Yes: : Years : lessons/w
11. Educational History: BA MA Other
12. Reference: No Yes:
13. Vegetarian? No Yes:
14. Available time for telephone interview :AM PM Time Zone:
15. This position starts 25 October. Available date for this position:
1. 40% of the classes at our school are for kids, from age 3 ~ 12 y.o. If you like kids very much, then this position would be suitable for you.
2. Teaching hours are kept in blocks as much as possible, however there are some cases where gaps of several hours between classes are unavoidable. The teacher is free during these times.
3. A driver's license is required for this position for commuting between classrooms and our main school, some journeys taking up to 40 minutes from the main school.
4. The position starts 25th of October, 2004, but we would like teacher to have 2 week training prior to the start date.
5. When you reply us with this questionnaire form, recent photos are required.