"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English in Japan- Various Locations.
Date posted:2008-07-20 | Writer: International Bridge / American Language School | Email: email@example.com
American Language School / International Bridge, a company with a reputation for being serious about education and teacher support for over 25 years is currently hiring native English speaking TEFL Teachers for the following teaching positions/locations:
1. Kimitsu City , Chiba Prefecture (residential). Start date: July 15th. American ***Female Candidates preferred. Work Schedule is from Tuesday to Saturday.
2. Tomioka City, Gunma Prefecture (rural). TWO positions. Start date: July 15th. ***Female Candidates preferred. Work Schedule is from Monday to Friday;
3. Narita City, Chiba Prefecture. Assistant Language Teacher (ALT). Start date: August 26th. ***Female Candidates preferred. Work Schedule is from Monday to Friday; Driving required;
***Female candidates are preferentially considered as the current position openings are held by female teachers.
The rural position offers the unique opportunity to immerse oneself in the Japanese culture and learn the Japanese language. Kimitsu is about 1.5 to 2 hours from Tokyo, located in small towns, so only those who can adapt to life in a small town should apply.
All positions involve teaching conversational English to students of various ages and English abilities. The majority of the students are children, but the students are all ages from toddlers to adults.
Only native speakers of English will be considered. If you meet the qualifications found below, please send your resume, a recent photo and 2-3 references along with email contact information to the address given on the job heading page. Please indicate when you will be available, whether or not you have an international (or Japanese) drivers license some, but not all, of the positions involve driving to work, and which of the positions interests you most.
Requirements for candidates:
• Professional attitude;
• Cheerful disposition;
• Ability & desire to work with children;
• Bachelor¡õs degree;
• Native English speaker;
• 100% commitment to a one-year contract;
• Some teaching or teaching-related experience.
Here is some more information about our company:
• We focused on assisting our students in their personal/business/academic growth and development. In our conversation schools, we have a student population of about 60% childrens classes (sometimes more) and the remaining classes are divided between high school and adult classes;
• ALS provides a training period that covers all levels and ages of classes and textbooks. Teachers are well prepared for their experience in the classroom as well as their experience living in Japan;
• There is a one-week observation period with the departing teacher to assist in a smooth transition for the students and the new teacher;
• We provide on-going support through a Head Teacher for most areas - he/she is available as a resource for any teaching concerns;
• Bi-monthly teacher support meetings are held for each area where there is a Head Teacher. This serves as an opportunity to share teaching ideas, solve teaching concerns, and disseminate company information;
• We also provide support through a Block Manager for most areas - he/she is available for support with living in Japan;
• We provide a one-year contract with full visa sponsorship;
• 5-day week workweek with a maximum of 25 hrs of teaching time;
• A first year salary of 250,000 Yen per month;
• Schedules are Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday;
• Working hours in our conversation schools may be from 1-9pm (3-9pm average);
• Small class sizes - generally six students or less;
• We have a very generous five-week paid vacation period; 2 weeks at Christmas, one week in the spring, and 2 weeks in the summer (these dates are fixed each year);
• ALS covers all the start up costs for an apartment. Every teacher will have a private apartment with a maximum rent of 55,000 Yen per month. The apartments are modestly furnished (phone, refrigerator, washing machine, heater/air conditioning unit and basic furnishings and appliances).
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume, a recent photo, and 3-4 references along with email contact information to the e mail address given on the job heading page. Please indicate when you will be available, whether or not you have an international (or Japanese) drivers license¡ some but not all of the positions involve driving to work, and which of the positions interests you most.