"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Opportunities For English Teachers in Japan
Date posted:2012-07-18 | Writer: Berlitz Hamamatsu Language Center | Email: email@example.com
Berlitz Hamamatsu Language Center is recruiting TEFL qualified individuals who can deliver high-quality, dynamic, goal focused lessons to a wide range of students in return for a generous benefits package. Berlitz Hamamatsu Language Center is located in the heart of Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture, next to the train station. Our school is in a clean and secure building that has all the amenities needed to work comfortably.
Hamamatsu is a vibrant, medium-sized city conveniently located between Tokyo and Osaka. It
boasts a wealth of outdoor activities and cultural pursuits.
Teachers will be required to provide knowledgeable and energetic business English classes
focusing on effective presentation techniques or negotiation strategies. In addition teachers are
expected to deliver exciting classes for younger learners who are encountering English for the first
Teachers are required to work a five day week. Non teaching time may be spent on office activities
such as writing reports, designing programs, and taking part in workshops. Teachers are expected to
behave and dress in a professional manner, show flexibility, and to prepare for and deliver all classes
with a sense of purpose and flair.
Working at Berlitz Hamamatsu is a challenging, but very rewarding experience. We believe that for
the right individual this is an excellent career opportunity.
Applicants who are currently residing in Japan will be given preference.
Our generous benefits package includes the following:
• A monthly starting salary of ￥250,000 (to increase after initial training period)
• A contract completion bonus
• A generous vacation package
• All Japanese national holidays off
• Housing assistance
• Full training and follow-up support
• A friendly and caring working environment
• Commutation fee & all business related travel expenses paid
• Extensive and proven curriculum with all teaching materials provided
All applicants are required to possess the following:
• A completed and accredited Bachelor’s degree
• A solid understanding and native command of the English language
• Teaching experience and a passion to help others communicate
• Drive and commitment to providing the highest levels of customer service
The following are strongly preferred and applicants with them will be given preference:
• Knowledge of and experience working in the business world
• TEFL / TESOL certification
• Experience of teaching EAP and/or ESP
• A sensitivity to Japanese culture especially regarding business matters
Please submit your application to Mr. David Heath at the e-mail address given on the job heading.
All applications must include:
• A cover letter telling us about yourself, your teaching philosophy, and why you believe that you are
a strong candidate for this position
• An up-to-date resume
• A copy of your university degree and full transcript
• A copy of any TEFL certificates that you hold