Date posted:2023-09-14 | Writer: Speakeasy School of Languages | Email: [email protected]
We are looking for organized, flexible, energetic, and confident individuals who can be creative and empathetic in the classroom. The single most important quality is the relationship with your class - you need to be engaged at all times and care about your students. We need people who care about people.
• 25 - 32 hours per week
• Cambridge Exams preparation.
• 5 days per week.
• Levels: Pre-A1 Starters, A1 Movers, A2 Flyers, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, and CPE (according to experience).
• starting from € 1300 NET per month( depending on the candidate's experience) , plus ACCOMMODATION, for 25 teaching hours
• EU citizenship is compulsory, as required by Italian employment law
Details of Position
You will prepare your students to take Cambridge Exams. You are responsible for making your own lesson plan, following our syllabus, and using the books we provide.
Your role will include teaching a range of ages, from very young learners (6+), to teenagers and adults. The CEFR range is A1 to C2. We prepare students for the following CAMBRIDGE exams: Pre A1 Starters, A1 Movers, A2 Flyers, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, and CPE. Lessons are held in our 2 schools In Pomigliano D’Arco and Ottaviano and, sometimes, in public schools or online, and you are driven to and picked up after each lesson. You will work 25 hours per week (but you could be asked to work more hours). Classes usually start at 3:00 pm and finish around 8:40 pm. (2 lessons last 2h and 1 lesson lasts 1,5 hours).
You will always have 2 consecutive days off: Saturday - Sunday.
You will have 2 weeks' holiday at Christmas and 1 week at Easter.
We use the hours' bank scheme.
• TEFL/TESOL Certificate is required
• Teaching experience is required (Minimum 2 years).
• Being CONFIDENT and being able to have fun with YOUNG children (6+) is paramount.
• We are proud of our teaching standards and exam record and are looking for quality and professionalism in terms of your approach to work.
• We require organized, flexible, energetic, and confident individuals who can be creative and empathetic in the classroom. The single most important quality is the relationship with your class --you need to be engaged at all times and care about your students. We need people who care about people.
Salary and Benefits
• If required, accommodation will be provided in a 3-bed shared flat in Pomigliano D'Arco (a fairly large town about 30 mins from Naples by train). The rent will be paid by the company, but you have to pay the utility bills.
• Ongoing training is provided and our Head Teacher is available to help and support staff throughout the week. We are a very friendly and supportive team.
• Airport pick-ups and drop-offs are free when you arrive and at the end of the year.
• Our schools have a comprehensive selection of resources that you can use in your lessons (e.g. interactive whiteboards, flashcards, lots of games at various levels, a puppet theatre, etc.)
• The NET salary starts from 300 euros per month for 100 teaching hours.
• Each extra hour will be paid 13.00 net
If you are interested in working with us, please send an email to the address in the job heading.