"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Indonesia - Makassar
Date posted:2004-11-15 | Writer: EF (English First) Makassar | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Makassar (aka Ujung Pandang)...
...a thriving port city with a population of 2 million and growing, a long maritime trade history, a diverse ethnic mix and the gateway to Eastern Indonesia. Sufficiently ï¿½off the beaten trackï¿½ to feel an adventure and to encounter friendly locals, yet also developed enough to find all modern facilities, around which the traditional is everywhere.
...an eccentrically shaped island containing wonderful scenic areas for great holidays and both sea and mountain sports. The pleasant mountain resort of Malino, the picturesque beach community of Tanjung Bira and the famous Torajalands are within easy reach. Bali/Lombok, Surabaya and Manado are only a short flight away.
About EF Makassar...
...a school of around 350 active students, with modern facilities (including CALL) and a team of around 8 native speaker teachers running general English courses for young learners, teenagers and adults (in addition to Toefl, Conversation / Skills, in-house ESP and Cambridge ESOL / IELTS courses soon). We are heavily guided by communicative and student-centered teaching approaches.
...an emphasis on high standards for our students and on career development for our teachers, with regular staff programs and workshops. We are a close and supportive team and also have the back-up and expertise of the large (EF) English First organization and all the future career opportunities that go with that.
Our requirements ...
· abilities such as appreciating and being sensitive to the particular needs and personalities of learners and being able to 'connect' with them are just as important as initial technical teaching ability. The school prides itself on the additional and ongoing training it can offer to such teachers.
· In a nutshell...enthusiasm, flexibility, willingness to progress and develop and the ability to work in a close team.
· Experience of South East Asia or of living in a developing country is a distinct advantage. Failing this, a certain level of cultural adaptability, patience and good humour required to face the challenges of life in a developing country a long way from home.
In addition to a competitive monthly Rupiah salary *, our benefits package includes ...
· an end of contract bonus of one month's salary.
· free accommodation in a furnished teacher house or a monthly housing allowance on top of salary.
· free and extensive local health insurance cover.
· 15 working days of the contract as paid holiday, in addition to all Indonesian public holidays and at least one week each for both Christmas and Lebaran.
· a full one year working visa, with all other legal and fiscal formalities also handled by us.
* details given during application process
For more information please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com