"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Jobs For EFL Teachers in England
Date posted:2014-05-15 | Writer: Leeds Language College Ltd | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds Language College teaches English to foreign students over 16, and has opportunities for TEFL qualified teachers who are available to work in Leeds from mid-June to mid-September.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL TEACHING STAFF:
- A recognised CELTA/TESOL or TEFL certificate that has been externally validated, has included observed and assessed teaching practice and at least 100 hours of study time. Your qualification must be recognised for accreditation purposes.
- First Degree or equivalent,
- Experience preferred, though newly qualified candidates will be considered, provided they progress through the college's induction and training programme.
- Computer Literacy – Good knowledge of standard office packages, excel, word etc.,
- Excellent Communication Skills,
- Excellent Customer Service Skills,
- Native-level speaker of English,
- Flexibility in terms of working hours – the post may require additional hours at short notice (for cover and exam invigilation).
- Diplomacy, inter-cultural awareness, tolerance, sensitivity and tact - ability to work in an international environment with people of different backgrounds.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm, a pro-active attitude and good problem-solving skills.
- Honesty, integrity and assertiveness in complying with UK immigration law and college rules.
- Stability and commitment – the role does require a considerable amount of training, hence the successful candidate will be expected to commit to longer-term employment.
- The successful candidate will be CRB checked (enhanced disclosure) and references will be taken up regarding the candidate's suitability to work with under-18 year olds.
• A regular income, regular working hours and paid holidays.
• Excellent free training opportunities up to diploma/degree level and in foreign languages.
• Possibility to attend EU-funded courses, UK conferences and seminars.
• Work in a dynamic international environment with a friendly and supportive team.
• Well-equipped and modern premises in the centre of Leeds.
• Stable employment in a professional and well-established company.
• Possibility to establish professional links internationally.
To apply for this post you must have a right to live and work in the UK.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STAFF WHO MAY COME INTO CONTACT WITH STUDENTS AGED UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE ARE SUBJECT TO ENHANCED CRB CHECKS.
If you would like to be considered for a temporary, part-time or holiday cover post please forward your CV to us at the email address given on the job heading.
12 Greek Street,
Leeds LS1 5RU
Telephone: +44(0) 11 32 42 75 34