"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach Young Learners in Czech Republic
Date posted:2012-04-30 | Writer: Wattsenglish Ltd | Email: email@example.com
Wattsenglish Ltd is the biggest company teaching young and very young learners in the Czech republic and Slovakia. We operate throughout the Czech Republic, based in Prague (Rohacova 77, Prague 3) and Slovakia, based in Bratislava. We have full time teaching positions available for TEFL qualified teachers from late August and summer jobs in July and August. Successful applicants will teach young and very young learners (approximately ages 3-14) in local kindergartens, primary and secondary schools using the Wattsenglish methodology. The teaching environment varies from school to school. Some classes will be taught in conjunction with the school’s English curriculum while other courses are after-school classes based on Oxford University Press curricula. The extensive training provided and teaching opportunities in a variety of settings allows great opportunities for career development.
In addition to your initial training, subsequent additional trainings are provided throughout the year to network with the other teachers in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The excellent network of teachers allows for collaboration and idea sharing all year. The other teachers serve as excellent resources and there is also full-time professional staff in each region to assist with ongoing professional development and methodology support. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful with all visa, work-permit, accommodation, and other transition questions.
Wattsenglish provides not only an excellent work environment, but the opportunity to live in the Czech Republic or Slovakia is exceptional. Central Europe has many cultural and historical gems to discover and is also conveniently located to explore all parts of Europe. Having a fixed schedule Monday through Friday allows ample time to explore the Czech and Slovak countryside, the wonders of Czech and Slovak cuisine and the wonderful Czech beer and Moravian and Slovakian wines. There’s so much to enjoy here!
To apply send your current CV, recent photo and written references to the e-mail address given on the job heading.
• FULL TIME POSITIONS Competitive salary up to 20,000 CZK gross per month. The teacher is obliged to complete a monthly average of 35 hours per week. Of this the teacher will be expected to teach no more than 25 hours on average per week, spread over a monthly period. The remaining hours are set aside for lesson preparation, travel and other tasks.
In addition to your base pay we offer these benefits:
• Wattsenglish International training program focused on teaching English to young learners, accredited by the Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
• Regular workshops three times a year focused on teacher development
• 3 weeks paid holidays (2 weeks Xmas, 1 week Spring break)
• All administration and associated travel costs related to the working visa re-imbursed upon
completion of contract / June 2012
• Czech/Slovak phone SIM card
• Full reimbursement for travel pass in all regions
• Employment contracts - Health insurance - is covered by the company via the relevant state laws. More info can be supplied if you wish. It is probably advisable to have some form of insurance for the first 6 to 8 weeks until your work permit comes through and we are in the process of applying for your visa.
-Senior teacher for consultations
-Fully equipped teachers' room
-Trips to regional attractions with the Wattsenglish team