"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Date posted:2006-09-28 | Writer: Saint Patrick American School | Email: email@example.com
ESL Positions, Saint Patrick American School
Puntarenas, Costa Rica is the closest beach town to San Jose and provides access to many of Costa Rica's best tourist destinations. Our school is hiring the following positions:
* Grade 2-6 Elementary ESL teachers (knowledge of Spanish is an asset, but not required)
* Pre-School and 1st Grade teachers (working knowledge of Spanish mandatory)
--- Minimum 11 month commitment ---
* $475 US monthly salary (highly reasonable by Costar Rican standards)
* $165 US housing allowance (assistance with finding housing)
* Assistance with work visa
* Computer Lab and Internet access available at school
* Free international calls to North America
* Transportation provided to and from school
Qualifications and Experience
* Native English speaker
* Candidates with a Bachelor of Education will receive preference
* TEFL/TESL or equivalent training a plus
* ESL teaching experience a plus
* Minimum 11 month commitment
Saint Patrick General Information
· The school year begins in February and ends in December. Holidays include a week at Easter, three weeks in July in additional to various national holidays.
· Saint Patrick's is a small yet cheerful private elementary school with 9 classrooms nestled in among the mountain side with a view of the pacific coastline.
· Students range in age from 4-12 years old. Class sizes range from 10 to 18 students. Students enjoy a recently renovated library, computer lab, and administrative/academic offices. Outside there's a large playground, a newly constructed area for recreation, and an open-concept cafeteria. The current enrollment is 143 students.
· Teaching materials are provided.
· The average school day runs from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Teachers arrive at approximately 7:40 AM and depart around 3:15 PM. In the morning there is a 20-minute breakfast, a 40-minute lunch at midday, and a 10-minute recess in the afternoon. At least two 35-minute planning periods are provided each day. A majority of the day is spent providing English instructions to a specific grade. Other responsibilities include weekly yard duty, staff meetings, and committees.
· After an initial phone interview, you will have the opportunity to speak to one of our current North American staff members. These teachers would be glad to answer any questions about teaching at Saint Patrick American School.
· We are accredited by the Costa Rican Department of Education.
· We are associated with ACEP (Association of Private Schools).
· In process of affiliation with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Please send a resume and/or a CV outlining your qualifications. In addition, kindly include a brief cover letter discussing your interest in teaching. Applicants who meet the above requirements will receive an application and establish a time for a phone interview.