"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Job Teaching English in Costa Rica
Date posted:2008-10-26 | Writer: Saint Patrick American School | Email: email@example.com
ESL Positions Saint Patrick American School
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Puntarenas, Costa Rica is the closest beach town to San Jose and provides access to many of Costa Rica’s best tourist destinations. Our school is hiring the following positions:
* Grade 2-6 Elementary ESL teachers (Spanish is not required)
* Pre-School, Kindergarten and 1st Grade
Qualifications and Experience
* Native English speaker
* Candidates with a Bachelor of Education will receive preference
* TEFL/TESOL or equivalent preferred
* ESL teaching experience preferrred
* Minimum 11 month commitment
Saint Patrick General Information
• The school year begins in February and ends in December. Holidays include a week at Easter, three weeks in July in additional to various national holidays.
• Saint Patrick is a small private elementary school. It is situated outside Puntarenas on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
• A native English speaking teacher is responsible for the instruction of English, Science, and Geography. The focus is on providing the children instruction using an American style curriculum, while also maintaining and meeting the requirements of the Costa Rican public educational standards. Teachers are free to design their own lesson plans as long as they meet basic requirements and are stimulating, varied, and meet the needs of the students.
• Students range in age from 4-12 years old. Class sizes range from 10 to 18 students. Students enjoy a recently renovated library, computer lab, and administrative/academic offices. Outside there’s a large playground, a newly constructed area for recreation, and an open-concept cafeteria. The current enrollment is 180 students.
• We provide the following teaching materials: CD players, TV, DVD/VCR, white boards and pilot markers.
• The average school day runs from 8:00 AM to 3:15 PM. Teachers arrive at approximately 7:40 AM and depart around 3:30 PM. A majority of the day is spent providing English instructions to a specific grade. Other responsibilities include weekly yard duty, staff meetings, and committees.
• After an initial phone interview, you will have the opportunity to speak to one of our current North American staff members. These teachers would be glad to answer any questions about teaching at Saint Patrick American School.
• We are accredited by the Costa Rican Department of Public Education.
• We are associated with ACEP (Association of Private Schools of Costa Rica)
Please send a resume and/or a CV outlining your qualifications to the e-mail address given on the job heading page and/or by fax (506)663-6064.
In addition, kindly include a brief cover letter discussing your interest in teaching and a recent picture of yourself. Applicants who meet the above requirements will receive an application and establish a time for a phone interview.