"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Shandong Province, China
Date posted:2004-10-15 | Writer: Shengli New Zealand International School | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESOL Teacher required for immediate start.
NZ INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Shandong, CHINA
Shengli-New Zealand International High School, located in Dongying, Shandong province, is seeking a motivated ESOL teacher for immediate start.
Shengli-New Zealand International High School is a private school opened in September 2003. It is a joint venture between New Zealand-owned development company EdPac, Shengli-Oilfield and the Dongying Education Department in China, and is operated by Chinese and New Zealand management. For further information, please visit the schoolí³ website at Contact us
* Up to 25 contact periods a week Mon-Fri. 18 of these will be teaching middle school classes (children aged 11-14). Others will include adult evening classes.
* This is a full time position till August 31st 2005.
The working environment
* You will join our English Department team of native-speaking and Chinese teachers, and become part of the 20-strong staff teaching and working in other school departments.
Our ideal teacher will:
* Have an undergraduate degree + ESOL qualification
* Have experience with children aged 11-14
* Be an energetic, innovative teacher with 2 years experience preferred
* Be available to start early November 2004
The school is offering a monthly wage based on an annual salary of NZ$25, 0000 (approximately NZ$2083 or US $1, 400 per month). A performance-based bonus of up to NZ$5, 000 is offered upon contract completion.
Spring Festival (February): 10 working days.
May Holiday (May 1): minimum of 3 working days.
New Year: 2 days
Summer Holiday: August 1st - August 31st
The school offers accommodation in recently renovated apartments 15 mins walk from the school. The apartments have separate kitchen, living, bedroom and bathroom, are heated, and are furnished. Rent is paid by the school, though teachers are required to cover costs for gas, water, electricity (approximately 100RMB/NZ$25 a month), optional internet connection and phone bills.
The school will reimburse air travel within China. Reimbursement of international air travel may be negotiated.
Please e-mail cover letter with CV as a separate attachment to:
Catherine Marsh, Director of English Studies, email@example.com; subject heading ì“¨engli-NZ positionî® All applications will be replied to.