"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Harbin, China (2)
Date posted:2007-03-13 | Writer: Harbin Golden Bridge Foreign Language School | Email: email@example.com
Golden Bridge Foreign Language School in Harbin seeking teachers. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer to the foreign teacher:
· Monthly salary RMB5000.00 gross. Income tax is 5%.
· Providing accommodation at no cost:
1. Provide one bedroom with the basic furniture such as a bed, sofa, desk, chair, TV set, international telephone, gas oven, refrigerator, microwave oven and a washing machine. The apartment has a kitchen, and a washroom with shower.
The apartment is very close to the school, only 10-15 minutes by walking. All the foreign teachers will live very close to each other. The school is in the centre of the city, so it is very close to everything, like big department store, restaurant, bar, fitness world, movie theatre, internet bar, bar, post office, grocery stores, transportation, etc.
2. The foreign teacher is responsible for all the utilities such as internet, cable, telephone, water, garbage, gases, electricity, etc.
· The school will be responsible for the international airline ticket between Beijing and your country if this contract period is one year or more than one year. The school will pay money back at the end of the contract.
· Teaching hours will be 120hours per month. The teacher will have one day off once a week. Additional teaching hours that is more than 120 hours a month is paid for RMB80.00 each hour.
· Working visa.
· Free Mandarin lessons. (Harbin has the most standard Mandarin.)
· The teacher has 5 days winter vacation during the Spring Festival. The teacher has all holidays by Chinese Government (that is 5 days vacation during the May and another 5 days during the October) and has one day off on Christmas Day.
The living expenses over there at Harbin is very cheap, only 1/7 of here. If you eat at the restaurant everyday for every-meal, it will cost less than $200.00/month. It will cost $1 to call a taxi, and it will cost $1 to see a doctor. The doctor is a specialist in stead of the family doctor. They are very experienced and can tell your problems right away. The utilities are like $3/month for gas, $3/month for electricity, $3 for the monthly fee of telephone... With $250.00/month, you can live very well over there and also save quiet a lot of money. The exchanging rate is $1(one Canadian dollar) =7RMB.
The population of Harbin is about 9 million including the small town around Harbin. Harbin is the 8th largest city of China. The population of Harbin city is about 4 million.
Harbin is a modern city with long history, having different kinds of architecture.
Harbin has many parks to visit in the summer and we have the ice and snow festival every year from Jan. 5th. Harbin is one of the biggest places for seeing ice lantern and snow sculpture all over the world.
We have the Western super stores such as Wal-Mart or Carrefour. Also we have a lot of convenient grocery stores very close to your apartment, can be just downstairs. It is very easy to afford to eat at the restaurant. Chinese food is very delicious and healthy. If you want, we also have the western food like McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, or foods from different countries like Russian, Indian, Japanese, Korean and Thai.
Shopping for local specialties can also be interesting and fun.
People in Harbin are very frank and very warm-hearted to foreigners. It is very easy to make friends here, especially with your students. Students will invite you to dinner, bring you gift, show you around. To be a teacher, it is very respected by others. Teaching is just making fun with all your students.
If you want to travel and to see the other part of China, we are about one night by train to Beijing or to the seaside. Travel by train can be cheaper and more convenient. And it is an hour and half if you travel by air from Harbin to Beijing.
Applicants must be native English speakers. We will consider applicants with or without degrees who are from any English speaking country.
Ask as many questions as you like but please be sure to enclose your resume, and your phone number.
We will meet you at the Harbin airport and take you to your prepared accommodation. We will also help you to get to know about Harbin.