"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Post teaching English in Hong Kong
Date posted:2002-12-03 | Writer: The Equilibrium Fundamental Education Center | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE EQUILIBRIUM FUNDAMENTAL EDUCATION CENTER
8 Somerset Road
Invites applications for English teaching posts in its fundamental education centers registered with the Education Department of the Hong Kong Government
To teach English to Chinese ESL students aged 6-13 in accordance with Cambridge Young Learners English Test curriculum. Our English curriculum is designed by Homerton College, Cambridge University.
Native-speakers of English competence who possess
Either (1) i/ a Bachelor degree majoring in English Studies or English Language or English Literature or Linguistics or a Modern Language; and ii/ a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or a Teaching of English as a Foreign Language or as a Second Language ( TEFL/ TESL ) at the diploma level;
OR (2) i/ a Bachelor degree in other arts subject; and ii/ a PGDE and a TEFL or a TESL at the diploma level.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
(1) The appointment will be for a period of two years.
(2) Furnished accommodation will be provided.
(3) An economy class air ticket to Hong Kong on taking up appointment and an economy class air ticket home on completion of the tenure of service will be provided.
(4) Entitlement to join medical insurance scheme organized for all staff members.
(5) Up to HK$ 19, 500 per month (about 1, 500 pound sterling) Exchange rate at HK$/PS :13 / 1 or US$30, 000 per year.
(6) Five and a half working days per week; teaching on Sunday and Saturday required. One and a half days off during week day. Classroom teaching hours no more than 25 hours per week. Normal class size is no more than 25 students.
(7) Twelve working days paid annual leave. In addition, there are 17 statutory days off per each calendar year.
WHY OVERSEAS ? WHY HONG KONG ?
(1) Low tax : approximately 12% tax for most of our teachers.
(2) Valuable life experience in one of the top 3 financial centers in the world
(3) Hong Kong is a very open and vibrant city.
(4) Cross-cultural experience: easy to travel in China and the SE Asian region.
(5) Unique teaching experience: to teach a quality and professionally designed English program. EQ is a team player with members of diverse educational backgrounds. EQ is also one of the most visionary institutions dedicated to fundamental education in Hong Kong -a challenge in itself
Interested parties please send detailed resume by e-mail to email@example.com . Enquiries may be directed to the above e-mail address. Resume may also fax to:
(852)2524-9843 or mail to 8 Somerset Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong.