"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Job Teaching EFL in China (2)
Date posted:2005-01-07 | Writer: Xikang Welfare School | Email: email@example.com
The Xikang Welfare School, a private boarding school for Tibetan and other minority nationality students, is seeking a qualified ESL teacher for the spring semester 2005.
The school is located on the Tibetan plateau in Kangding County of Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan. There are 128 students aged 5 to 15; many have lost one or both parents and were relying on extended family or state support before joining the school. The school is fully licensed and approved by the Ganzi Prefecture Education Bureau and follows the national primary school curriculum of China.
The details of the position will be agreed between the teacher and the Principal and staff of the school upon arrival. The job will involve up to 20 hours of classroom teaching per week plus informal tutoring and extra-curricula activities.
* ESL qualification and minimum 1 year teaching experience;
* Basic communicative ability in Chinese or Kham Tibetan dialect essential;
* Ability to work independently, design own curriculum and lesson plans and develop own teaching materials;
* Experience working with children;
* Enthusiastic and imaginative approach to extra-curricular activities;
* Flexibility and cultural awareness;
* Good health, ability to live at high altitude in remote location 3 hours drive from nearest large town;
* Willing to extend contract for a further 1 or 2 semesters if appropriate.
The school will provide one round-trip airfare from the teachers home country; transport to and from Kangding and Chengdu; en-suite room and full board on the school premises and a monthly stipend according to qualifications and experience. Health insurance will be the teacher's responsibility. The contract is from 1 March to 31 July 2005. The teacher will travel on a tourist visa and longer-term residence arrangements will be made on site.
Qualified applicants only please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2005, with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.