Date posted:2018-03-25 | Writer: Navitas | Email: [email protected]
Navitas, or PIBT as it was then, was founded in 1994 with the goal of helping more international students succeed at university in Australia via improved student support and an extended academic year. Since this time Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers its students and clients and is now creating opportunities through lifelong learning for over 83,000 people in 31 countries per year. We have an immediate opportunity for a TEFL qualified teacher who is available to start work in Canberra within the next few weeks.
The trainer is responsible for the provision of high-quality language, literacy and numeracy training programs and assessment practices for Navitas English Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) clients, in accordance with Navitas English guidelines and instructions, government contract requirements and the Standards for RTOs 2015.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A recognised Bachelor degree and Post Graduate TESOL or Bachelor with TESOL major which includes 100 hours practicum (for AMEP pre-employment stream) or A recognised Bachelor degree and TESOL/TEFL qualification (AMEP social stream)
• TAE40110 Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE) or its successor; or a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education; or equivalent
• Minimum level of English equivalent to IELTS Score 7
• Demonstrated teaching capability
• Demonstrated recent contribution to the delivery of client-focused teaching and learning and ongoing professional development
• Demonstrated ability to use core technology in classroom delivery and innovation in the adoption of technologies and applications
• Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments for the AMEP and SEE program, using appropriate tools, eliciting information from clients and interpreting results
• Ability to deliver training using a range of nationally accredited curricula e.g. CGEA, FSK, CSWE and
frameworks e.g. ACSF
• Demonstrated high level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in a multicultural learning environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of AQTF principles and methodology incorporating continuous improvement initiatives
• Demonstrated awareness of a range of cultural perspectives and sensitive approaches relevant to Navitas English clients
• Ability to use learning management systems and either student information systems OR student
management systems e.g. Canvas, VETtrak
• Demonstrated capacity to use Microsoft Office suite
• Experience and currency in industry related areas relevant to our jobseeker goals and aspirations e.g. hospitality, community services, warehousing
WHAT WE OFFER:
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be sent to Heather White at the e-mail address given on the job heading. Applications close on 4 April 2018.
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.
Navitas strives to be a workplace that promotes diversity, flexibility and equal employment. As such, we invite experienced candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.