"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in the Maldives
Date posted:2006-11-21 | Writer: Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa is a 150 villa property spread across 2 islands.
One of the islands has recently undergone a complete refurbishment which includes beach villas, an over water spa retreat, new F&B outlets including an under-sea restaurant, and stunning new guest facilities: infinity edge pool, two storey gym, ... For pictures and details, please go to Contact us
The team of the resort comprises of over 500 team members, of 20 different nationalities, all with a passion for quality and service.
We are seeking an English Teacher and this is not a traditional role. You will be responsible for setting up classes, creating the curriculum and teaching. It is a very autonomous role.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Develop a strategy to enhance the overall level of English literacy in the resort
· Design and implement a syllabus in order to teach English for both general and special purposes taking into consideration individual student needs.
· Conduct level checks for new applicants
· Conduct regular level checks for existing students and re-allocate classes as necessary
· Incorporate product knowledge on hotel facilities and Hilton International into English language learning classes
· Create innovative and fun ways to learn to enhance student participation
· Liaise with Department Heads when timetabling classes in order to create best possible schedule both to suit duty rosters and operational needs
· Conduct classes according to the timetable.
· Meet regularly with Department Heads to gain feedback of teaching needs and student progress
· Assist learners to become independent learners so that they can continue to improve English fluency.
· Source and maintain adequate and appropriate resources for students.
· Monitor borrowing and selection of books, cassettes and other 'library' materials.
· Assist in the design and maintenance of a stimulating training room, including a student library and staff personal reading library.
· Present monthly and annual reports related to job as requested.
· Assist with general HR office enquiry's over the telephone and in person.
· Maintain accurate student records
· Where necessary, up-date policies and procedures that relate to job description responsibilities
· Be flexible and provide support and assistance where required in all aspects of the Human Resource function, including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
· English Language Teaching qualification
· Minimum 3 years English language teaching
· Experience in teaching English in an Asian country is highly desirable
· Computer literate good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with people of all levels
· Able to take the initiative and demonstrate creativity in the classroom
Expressions of interest to be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to +960 668 0132