"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Bangalore, India
Date posted:2008-02-24 | Writer: Spectrum Consultants | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectrum Consultants India Pvt Ltd seeks Language Specialists for a 1-year contract in Bangalore, India, to grow its current team of 25+ Language Specialists. As a successful candidate you will work full-time as a Spectrum staff member within a Fortune 500 company’s training department. You will monitor quality of service calls (primarily with respect to Language) and deliver effective learning solutions for intercultural and language learning needs.
• TEFL qualification (SIT TESOL Certificate, UCLES CELTA, or equivalent)
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years ESL/EFL teaching experience
• Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness in a work environment
• Native-speaker (North America / UK) equivalent English language level
• Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office, and comfort level with learning new software (training / support provided)
• Strong work ethic, commitment to results, and desire to excel in a corporate environment
• Testing experience such as with BULATS, IELTS, OPI, etc a distinct advantage
• UCLES DELTA, MAT in ESOL, MA Applied Linguistics, or equivalents in intercultural training also an advantage
• Corporate training / business experience a distinct advantage
• Strong experience living in at least one of the following: North America, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Middle East, or Africa an advantage.
Applicants with more experience and qualifications considered. Package commensurate with what applicants bring to the role.
• Quality Assurance
o Monitor quality of technical support in terms of language and intercultural skills for phone calls, emails, and chat messaging.
o Develop quality monitoring plan in line with data on staff performance and consultation with managers.
o Keep accurate, up-to-date records.
o Use appropriate assessment tools (training provided where needed).
o Where appropriate identify staff for coaching, which typically takes place one-on-one or with small groups of up to 4 trainees.
o Assess needs in conjunction with key stakeholders and performance data, and define objectives and learning plan.
o Prepare coaching sessions in line with best practices for intercultural and language learning.
• Evaluate staff progress and complete all reporting requirements as needed.
• 5-day work week with night shifts.
• Position reports to on-site client manager.
Salary / Package
• Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Economy airfare to / from Bangalore
• Furnished, private accommodation
• Paid leave of 24 days, plus declared state holidays. Leave includes holiday and/or sick leave and accumulates at 2 days per month
• Contract completion incentive
• Comprehensive health insurance
• Pension scheme (both employer and employee’s contribution refunded on completion of contract if leaving India)
• Daily round-trip transport between home and office
• Free meals at work
• Visa processing fee & subsidized vaccination costs for relocation
Orientation to Bangalore and the client company will be provided.
Please send the following to esl @ spectrumconsultants.com
• Cover letter
Interviews will occur over the phone, or depending on location of candidate in person.
References will be contacted (after notification of candidate). Original qualification documents will need to be produced