"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English in Malaysia
Date posted:2004-11-30 | Writer: Erican Education Group | Email: email@example.com
Erican was founded in 1990. Today, with its 34 centres across the country, Erican is a much sought-after language centre in Malaysia. We have more than 400 Erican language trainers and staff who are dedicated to making the learning process fun, effective and challenging. Erican is currently hiring native speakers to serve as full-time English teachers.
English Programmes offered at Erican Language Centre:
* International English (Full time Programme)
* My Pals Are Here Children's English
* Erican Conversational English
* Erican Grammar Programme
* TOEFL / IELTS
* Corporate In-house Training
* University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
You will help our students (children or adults) improve their language proficiency and introduce some of the cultural aspects associated with the English language. You are expected to deliver your lessons with enthusiasm and tailor your lessons to meet the individual needs of our students. You will be required to teach approximately 25 to 30 hours per week for a total of 100 ï¿½ 120 hours a month. Teachers are also expected to write lesson plans, take attendance, correct homework and consult in course development projects. At Erican, we recognize our teachers as our greatest resource. We endeavor, to the best of our ability, to ensure their stay with us is as rewarding and enjoyable as possible. At the moment there are two teaching posts available, both in Kuala Lumpur.
We are seeking individuals who:
* are native English speakers from the following
countries: Canada, US, UK, Ireland, South
Africa, Australia, & New Zealand
* would love to spend a year in Malaysia
exploring its culture and people and at the
same time share their culture with Malaysians
* are with or without teaching experience and
have a flair in teaching
* have a good knowledge of grammar
* take a communicative approach in the classroom
and are creative in their teaching
* are motivated and able to motivate others
* can make learning enjoyable and fun
* have professional and pleasant disposition
* have the ability to develop a rapport with
* are versatile, flexible, culturally sensitive
and prepared to live in a rapidly developing
* are willing to relocate anywhere in Malaysia
will commit to a minimum duration of a one
Remuneration & Benefits:
* Negotiable. Besides the basic salary, Erican
also awards extra bonus incentives to reward
* Reimbursement of the cost of round-trip ticket
will be made upon the completion of a one-year
* Visa application fees paid ï¿½ 1 year Multiple
Entry Visa RM 380.00 (USD $ 100.00).
* A total of 25 days of holidays: 8 days of
annual leave plus 17 days of Malaysian public
* Medical allowance of RM 250 a year.
* One-year insurance provided.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Your resume (C.V.)
* A recent photograph
* Two letters of reference from people who have
direct knowledge of your qualifications for
the teaching position.
* A 300 word essay on why teaching and living in
Malaysia appeals to you.
* The earliest starting date.
Malaysia's cultural mosaic is marked by many different cultures, but several in particular have had especially lasting influence on the country. Chief among these is the ancient Malay culture, and the cultures of Malaysia's two most prominent trading partners throughout history--the Chinese, and the Indians. Although each of these cultures has vigorously maintained its traditions and community structures, they have also blended together to create contemporary Malaysia's uniquely diverse heritage.
Just visiting Malaysia - seeing a few sights, meeting its people, and eating good food - is more than enough to make for an unforgettable trip. Your best memory might be a quiet day you spend wandering the colonial streets of Malacca, or breathing in the earthy air of a kampung. Usually, it will be the Malaysians themselves you remember most, their smiles and generosity. That said, Malaysia also offers some very special activities, and if you make room for one or two of them, they will enhance your trip immeasurably.
For more information on Malaysia, please visit
If you are interested in our offer, please send me all the documentation and I would call you to conduct an interview over the phone.
Erican Education Group
C-19-4 Megan Avenue II,
No 12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng,
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Phone: -(006)03-2164 9999
Fax: - (006)03-2164 0900
Email: - email@example.com
Website:- Contact us