"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Date posted:2011-10-18 | Writer: Global English Centre | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Global English Centre is looking for a native English speaking ESL teacher with early learning experience. Our school is situated in Kota Kinabalu, near the centre of the city business area with major shopping facilities a short walk away. The classrooms, library and computer lab within the centre are fully air-conditioned. Additionally the wireless network throughout the building offers free internet and email access. We offer an attractive benefits package, including full-in-house academic support, flights, accommodation and food allowance, utility bills, all visa costs and health insurance paid.
The ideal candidate should be able to promote, nurture, and elevate the standard of students’ education by planning and delivering English courses; through monitoring, assisting with academic achievement and providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
• Carry out the curriculum activities within the parameters of teaching
procedures and strategies.
• Implement the prepared lesson plan of all the curriculum activities
• Attend regular meetings to discuss, brainstorm, clarify agree on,
resolve and inform on curriculum-related matters
• Record student’s developmental profiles
• Participate in the organization and Centre’s organized activities
• Deal with class administration e.g. Ensuring official memos to
students be disseminated, ensuring proper use of class attendance,
• Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Deliver lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including
lectures, projects, exhibits, and field trips, drawing on the school
system's resources for additional academic assistance.
• Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by utilising
the Centres assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by
establishing, following, and enforcing the Centre's standards and
• Candidates must be native speaker from Australia, US, UK, Ireland,
Canada or New Zealand
• Hold a College/University Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Hold a TEFL / TESOL certificate or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience. Preferably Early Learning
Interested candidates should submit a completed resume, and cover
letter to Michael Kehoe at the e-mail address given on the job heading.